Poll: Someone explain me why this would not have worked better than the stimulus.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Nov 4, 2010.

Poll: Would this idea have worked better then Obama's stimulus?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Eight

Eight

Obama is about shoveling money to Blacks... Blacks don't work in the private sector, Jessie Jackemup sues the employers to make sure they will not hire blacks so blacks have to live off welfare or public sector jobs... so it follows that Obama would only enlarge government to make public sector jobs for blacks and dole out more money to inner city welfare programs... he also doesn't care if private sector working people's healthcare gets much worse so long as the inner city welfare monsters' healthcare is equal to it...

#11     Nov 5, 2010
  2. Instead of helicoptering corporate welfare blindly o'er the land what Obama did was give tax breaks to small business and the middle class,
    and create jobs with the idea of creating them
    to address infrastructure needs -- better use of money. And unemployment benefits
    were extended numerous times. Taxpayer bestowed gifts
    to "the market" is what was done with Goldman and AIG and
    they went, like pirates, and passed around bonuses to
    their people. Medicare and Medicaid both have fraud in
    the billions and those enforcement administrations have been
    in place for years. The private sector is more of a crook than
    big government corporate has managed to distract the public with
    given the opportunity. Its how government gets corrupted.

#12     Nov 5, 2010
  3. And now, A Fireside Chat with Lester Maddox brought to you by
    Geritol -- it cures tired blood.

#13     Nov 5, 2010
  4. Obama is about shoveling money to Blacks...
    ----------------

Honestly I do not get that impression.

He hasn't a clue as to how to do that even if he wanted to.

#14     Nov 5, 2010
  5. I'm inclined to agree.

#15     Nov 5, 2010
  6. Two things. First, there is no shame in calling Obama by his name. For example, as much as I disliked Bush (no, I'm not saying you approved of him, I'm just making a point), I managed to call him by name, be it Bush or W. Hell, I even refer to Palin by her actual name. That should tell you something about my restraint.

Second, you do realize, of course, that well over a third of the stimulus package was in the form of tax cuts, right?

http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2010/08/tax-cuts-and-the-stimulus-package.html

#16     Nov 5, 2010
  7. Hello

Hello

First off, i will respect a politician when they choose to respect me, as a taxpayer. Respecting a politician is like having respect for your cellmate in jail who just raped you up the ass.

Second, i realise that Obama created tax cuts with the stimulus, but at the same time he was creating tax cuts, he was also drastically raising the cost of doing business through the healthcare plan, and raising taxes. So all he was doing was sending money in circles. That is the reason the stimulus and his agenda has been a colossal failure, If he took a direct straight line approach and said here, we are not raising any businesses costs/taxes and we are going to throw money into the economy at the same time, we might be somewhere. But he passed healthcare, at the same time he was pushing for cap and trade. So he was pushing more stringent regulations, and higher taxes on some policies at the same time he was trying to flood the economy with money and tax cuts. He basically did a big circle jerk, which is why it never went anywhere.

#17     Nov 5, 2010
  8. I won't pretend to fully understand the complexity of the stimulus, and I may not instinctively agree with all of its components. But I also won't pretend that a historic and complex problem requires a simple solution. That's just being naive. Have you noticed how the average person on the street without a clue about economics, notably the typical Tea Partyer, is voicing his opinion on exactly what Obama should or shouldn't do? Just like the average joe suddenly became a stock market expert during the bubble? Well, here we go again. I don't refer to you specifically, although you know I generally disagree with you on economic policy. But suddenly everyone's an expert. An arrogant, swaggering, smirking expert.

#18     Nov 5, 2010
  9. Ricter

Ricter

One related item I enjoy is that some folks know the stimulus didn't work because there is x% unemployment. So if we know it didn't work because we have x%, then we should be able to say with similar certainty what unemployment would have been without it.

#19     Nov 5, 2010
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Has anyone found a concise explanation of how the Aussies did their stimulus? I googled a bit but couldn't find anything clear.

#20     Nov 5, 2010