POLL: Should George W. Bush be impeached?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Feb 4, 2008.

Should George W. Bush be impeached?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
    #11     Feb 4, 2008
  2. Oh I see, Bill Clinton was an ignoramus but he was lucky and the economy (end everything else) was great. Bush (Senior and Junior) and the republicans are economic geniuses (because they believe that the only cure to absolutely all economic ills is tax cuts for the rich) but they were unlucky, the dollar collapsed, the economy is collapsing, the deficits are through the roof, inflation is out of control, wages are stagnant, China, Iran and Venezuela are laughing in our faces. But oh, no how can it possibly be their fault, they were so unlucky.

If that's the case, maybe the average american will prefer a lucky president like Clinton to unlucky Republican geniuses. :D

PS I still don't believe that either democrat is electable in the general election although if McCain is the nominee their chances improve dramatically. Anyway I was just trying to point out that the reason why so many people may support Clinton has nothing to do with the impeachment.

#12     Feb 4, 2008
  3. i've been meaning to mark up a long term chart of the USD with each presidential period highlighted. bush and his father both drew on the wealth of ordinary people for political gain

amazing, there are still people out there who buy into the idea that one party is inherently better than the other, or for that matter really any different in practice

#13     Feb 4, 2008
  4. Bush is an incompetent buffoon, which makes him right at home in D.C. Impeach him? For what? He's no different than the rest of the morons running this country!

#14     Feb 4, 2008
  5. The point being made doodoo is economies are both cyclical and global. The good times in the '90's were mirrored throughout the developed world. You also seem to forget the market's implosion during Clinton's last year in office. Reno's DOJ was more concerned with killing Branch Dividian's than going after bogus accounting and corporate fraud. Enron, Worldcom, Tyco, Stewart, Arthur Anderson, etal..all Bush prosecutions with the bulk of illegal activity taking place under Clinton.

#15     Feb 4, 2008
  6. Fair enough. Let me also remind you that Bush did not investigate/prosecute them either ... at least not until they collapsed and filed for bankruptcy.

Most americans don't judge the economy based on the prices of public companies on the stock market. And for those who do the 8 years of Clinton administration were absolutely remarkable even taking the last year into account, especially compared to his predecessor and successor.

#16     Feb 4, 2008