Poll: Should America Bomb Iraq?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Babak

Babak

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!"

Julius Caesar (by William Shakespear)

#31     Sep 14, 2002
  2. "I LOVE the smell of napalm in the morning!"

Robert Duvall, Apocalypse Now

#32     Sep 14, 2002
  3. I hope we don't get there. Just as they are not interested in living by our credo, I don't favor adopting too many of theirs. I like the spice of variety and choice. Rather than lower our standards, I'd rather they raise theirs. :)

#33     Sep 14, 2002
  4. I thought that was a Klingon commander just before they shot some of the stuffin' out of the Enterprise. :)

#34     Sep 14, 2002
  5. Babak

Babak

#35     Sep 14, 2002
  6. Josh_B

Josh_B

Good post babak.

Let's just hope that the books (dossier) in this case are not cooked. Whom can we trust?

This is an interesting quote:

"We shall have world government whether or not we like it. The only question is whether World government will be achieved by conquest or consent".

-James Paul Warburg, Chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations, before the U.S. Senate, February 17, 1950

Have things changed at all?

Josh_B

#36     Sep 14, 2002
  7. the whole concept of "international law" makes no sense unless you think in terms of world government. People are slowly being conditioned to think that the U.N. is a governing body. The U.N. didn't give us PERMISSION to attack Iraq. They also didn't give us permission to be a wealthy and powerfull country, and if we had waited for that permission we would be poor and weak just like most nations on the planet, which the U.N. represents. The only legitimate function of the U.N. is to provide a forum for debate. Too many americans died in wars past for the current generations to languidly hand over our rights to people that don't give a crap about us. Do you think Zimbabwe or South Africa or Belgium really give a crap about the U.S. ? Get Real.

If anybody wants to look for conspiracy theories and evil plots and ulterior motives, they need look no further than the U.N. .

#37     Sep 14, 2002
  8. those opposed to the war are constantly digging for dirt, trying to find anything negative they possibly can about Bush, or about U.S. foreighn policies in the past. The reason they must do this is because it allows them to dodge the central issue which they are scared to face.

The central issue to consider ( for american citizens ) is whether or not attacking Iraq is necessary to protect the interests of the U.S.. If you think that it is, and I do, then as a loyal american citizen you must swallow hard and let the pro's in the military go and do their job. Just because the middle east is a fuzzy dirty mess doesn't mean that we are justified in doing nothing. This isn't about being morally perfect, it is just about being more moral than Sadam and the terrorists, which is pretty damn easy to do.

#38     Sep 15, 2002
  9. Cesko

Cesko

Thing is, his people love him.... ya know why? Cos they hate America... ya know why? .... well, that one's easy aint it

WHAT???

Have you actually read anything at all on the subject? This is too stupid to respond to. Remembering what you wrote on the subject before, the words you used, my only conclusion is you are not normal !! Really, I have a feeling there is something wrong with you. Change your mind my ass.

#39     Sep 15, 2002
  10. Cesko

Cesko

Or maybe you meant his secret police guys love him. You know what? They are scared shitless right now trying to figure out how to save their own asses if Americans show up. There will be a lot of hanging going on.
    Maybe because of their beloved Saddam they fought "so hard" during the Gulf War. Candle, my dear confused friend, I would bet you there won't be any war. Few combat situations and that will be it at the worst.

P.S. Don't forget to take your medication my friend.

On subject of ulterior motives who the hell doesn't have them? If strong enough, does anybody think French, Germans or Russians would behave differently? Go back in time if you don't know. Americans are actually very decent people (in relative terms).

#40     Sep 15, 2002