Poll: Sell in May 2011?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Apr 27, 2011.

Sell in May 2011 and Go Fishing?

1. LONG

32 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. FLAT

25 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. SHORT

35 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. "Et tu, Brute?"

#51     May 8, 2011
  2. Weak bounce in the Spoos. The top is in for awhile (The gap up pre-open May 1st--"The Osama Top"). As momentum to the upside wanes sellers will emerge. The Bull is dying. Again I doubt "Flash Crash" but a challenging sideways market with a few spikes down.

#52     May 9, 2011
  3. SPY is very resilient: USD is surging but SPY is only 1% away from "Osama top"

#53     May 10, 2011
  4. I went 100% long by last Thursday's close. Today, I went 90% long, 10% cash. I'm milking this up & down action. [​IMG]

#54     May 10, 2011
  5. Reuter's "Global Recovery Fears Hit Stocks..."

The News always matches the move. This is confirmation that the selling is unfolding. That is to say the positions are in place now let the followers ride the momentum.

We are sitting at critical support for a short term sell-off this am. It may (no pun intended) take a bit to breakthrough but price action is following the expected pathway.

#55     May 12, 2011
  6. Proven true today.

Now is the tough part. Retest highs. Range bound. Break support?

I say sideways for awhile at which point the market will declare itself.

What is evident is that there is a shift occurring. Commodity selloff. China braking its growth. Interest rates rising. Stagflation. and seasonality.

I think the market will stop trending and chop around for awhile.

#56     May 12, 2011
  7. i stay by my suspicion that tax dollars are hard at work trying to erase Osama top. PPT! PPT! PPT!

#57     May 12, 2011
  8. jokepie

jokepie

Poll results show that the free markets exist... both side are represented. ahah

#58     May 12, 2011
  9. You sure. They better step up this afternoon...

#59     May 13, 2011
  10. what's up with the high profile sex scandals popping up now: IMF chief, Arnold Schwarzenegger. anybody else whom i missed?

do we expect more, less or the same number of sex scandals at a major market top (I no idea if this is such a top)?

#60     May 17, 2011