Poll: Sell in May 2011?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Apr 27, 2011.

Sell in May 2011 and Go Fishing?

1. LONG

32 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. FLAT

25 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. SHORT

35 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. Stay long throughout the summer, the market can do no wrong right now.

#31     May 2, 2011
  2. Face it, you were "Grand Supercycle" of 2007-09. Don't even try to insinuate that you were either out of the market or bearish because all of your posts are loaded with the defensiveness that only a perma-bull could possess.

Never once heard you actually enter one of these trades or tell anybody where you will get out, you just showed up a year after the rally started talking shit about all of these "shorts" that you somehow imagine are on the other side of your paper trades.

When people point out the obvious that it's been far better to just be in physical metals or commodities, you instantly shut up. Maybe, you do realize that buying stocks just treads water if the currency itself is at risk.

#32     May 2, 2011
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Any professional trader reading your post can tell immediately you have very little knowledge and skills in this business. You are a complete and utter waste of time.

#33     May 2, 2011
  4. no top calls after today? hmm...

#34     May 2, 2011
  5. Very spiky spoos chart.

Sell the news Osama.

The run has been long and fruitful but now there's a pullback in the works. How low? Who knows. I'll have to take into consideration a number of factors but the sell-off will snowball as early sellers prime the money changing at hand.

#35     May 2, 2011
  6. would be weird if the market crashed right here without any terrorist activity or any other major bad news. it would have to go to the history books as Bin laden crash.

#36     May 3, 2011
  7. The Osama Top...

#37     May 3, 2011
  8. Tomorrow will probably be the day to go long, mostly. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#38     May 3, 2011
  9. Fading the gap up on the 1st trading day of May was an easy sell. Now the million dollar question. Now what? I say an easy shallow sideways market with an eventual spike or two down over the next few months but nothing dramatic because the Fed is at work and elections are on the horizon.

#39     May 4, 2011
  10. no doubt that my concerns have been related to Obama. secret order has been issued to PPT to bid up the market. i am expecting a bounce into Friday.

too bad for Silver holders - it is not on the list of PPT to bid up. you are on your own, fellas. use whatever BP you have to save SLV.

#40     May 5, 2011