Poll: Sell in May 2011?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Apr 27, 2011.

Sell in May 2011 and Go Fishing?

1. LONG

32 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. FLAT

25 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. SHORT

35 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Why do you care which way the market goes? You act likes its personal. Let me ask you a question. Do you think live cattle prices are going higher or lower?

#21     Apr 30, 2011
  2. i don't know about the cattle.

i hate low volatility environment.

#22     Apr 30, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, you obviously don't know much about the S&P either yet you trade that. If you want to trade volatility, trade gold, silver, oil, any of the commodities. They are all moving with the S&P anyway, but are more volatile. Come on shortie, you need to evolve as a trader or you are not going to make it. Come on kid.

#23     Apr 30, 2011
  4. and who do you think was the brain behind the Hunt brothers gig?

#24     Apr 30, 2011
  5. S&P500 long term chart update, previously posted at blog January 18 and March 31, 2011.

This monthly chart show a series of broadening patterns, aka megaphone tops. The three broadening formations pictured reveal an unstable market where buyers and sellers battle for control. The first two megaphones make clear the eventual victors.

Prepare for the next Black Swan which will be “unexpected and could never have been predicted”

http://stockmarket618.wordpress.com

#25     May 1, 2011
  6. are you predicting a black swan?
    :confused:

i would not mind to see some volatility coming back, but we have to be realistic: black swans are unpredictable.

#26     May 1, 2011
  7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Shortie, given GrandSuperCycle's "excellent" track record, you should just blindly follow his/her advice immediately. Ironically, your chances are much better now then when they posted the exact same trades in almost every month since August 2010.

Yes, unfortunately you missed the excellent chance to short Gold all winter :D , don't let the ALL TIME HIGH fool you, with GrandSuperCycle's well chronicalled and specific short entry points you'd be RICH by now SHORTING GOLD.

Same deal for the $US. Don't be fooled by that MULTI-YEAR LOW on the $US Index . Just by following GrandSuperCycle's advice, you'd be RICH with that well documented LONG STRATEGY on $US. Dozen's of posted calls to go long $US can't be wrong ca they ? Pure genius can't be denied.

Remember, the sudden drop in the US markets after the Japan earthquake was not a BLACK SWAN. It wasn't because GrandSuperCycle said so ( several times ). Don't be fooled by the fact the S&P 500 dropped after the earthquake but rebounded after to new highs now.

Just blindly follow the geniuses advice. You'll be rich. Maybe contact him/her directly and get them to back you.

#27     May 1, 2011
  8. luisHK

luisHK

Why failed in April ? SP500 went up from March 31st to April 1st, but hopefully not as much as from April 29th to may 2nd.

#28     May 1, 2011
  9. you are right, i looked at the wrong day. only March 2011 failed this year

#29     May 1, 2011
  10. luisHK

luisHK

The pattern failed in May as well.

Also note that for the last 3 first trading days of the month, the indexes lost intraday but were up premarket. I sure hanged too long with the stocks today...

#30     May 2, 2011