POLL: Renaming the Politics & Religion Forum

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Thunderdog, Jun 11, 2008.

Should the Politics & Religion Forum be renamed as the Bullshit Forum?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Excellent idea! That way, we can have a completely separate forum called The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth...forum. Those subscribing to that forum should be required to swear on a stack of bibles to uphold the reconstitution of the united forums of ET. I nominate Thunderdog to be our first President, as long as it is understood that Baron runs the show behind the scenes. Under the neo-articles, fudiciary slaves should be returned to the Economics forum. And George Carlin jokes should be allowed to be imported into the Whole Truth forum only until the year 2012 after which they should be abolished. Moderators of these forums should be members of the Better Bullshit Bureau, and should be elected two per forum, like Senators. We should be free to speak about anything except earning 3x the daily range because that would not uphold the separation of Truth and Bullshit. Ministers of this doctrine should have the right to a fair trial by non-peers. If banned to the Bullshit section, they should not be subject to double-jeapardy for the same crime of gaining the whole world at the expense of a sense of humor.

Jesus :D

#11     Jun 14, 2008
  2. Jesus, didn't I see you at the Improv?

#12     Jun 14, 2008
  3. lol, "I am",

Read an interesting quote. "If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are going to do tomorrow". I always make it a point to tell him what I am going to do tomorrow, gives the big "G" something to look forward too.

#13     Jun 14, 2008

4. You should count your blessings. Things could be worse. In the laugh days, there will be many impersonators, false profits, and several bad jokes.

Jesus :D

#14     Jun 15, 2008
  5. Being absent from the forums for some time, I was rather surprised to see the politics & religion forum. Already with the chit-chat forum in place, I was rather amazed to see the broadening into more unrelated trading topics. I doubt it has brought Elitetrader any good, or that anyone will miss it if it's axed just right over the knees.

Of course the occasional crackpot arises, but I think it's more useful to have a chit-chat bin where such spurious discussions can be migrated.

#15     Jun 24, 2008