Poll: Public Now Thinks Obama Is A Liar

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 5, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

About time they start to open their eyes.
    ---

A Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll released late Tuesday shows 55 percent believe the IRS targeting of conservative groups raised questions about the administration’s “overall honesty and integrity.”

A plurality, 43 percent, also see the IRS missteps as a part of a “widespread effort” to investigate Tea Party groups to 29 percent who blame the scandal on a few tax officials who were acting on their own.

Fifty-eight percent say the administration’s handling of the Benghazi Consulate attack also raises questions about the honesty of the White House. The same number say the Justice Department’s subpoenaing of reporter email and phone records in national security leak investigations also raises concerns.

Thirty-three percent say Obama is mainly or totally responsible for the IRS scandal, with 37 percent holding him accountable for the DOJ reporter subpoena controversy. Obama faces the most questions over the Benghazi incident, with 41 percent believing he bears responsibility.

Obama, though, has slipped in his support among independents, with 59 percent disapproving and 28 percent approving. In January, Obama held a 41-52 net disapproval rating with independent voters.

In January, 45 percent of independent voters gave Obama marks for being “honest and straightforward,” a figure that dropped to 27 percent in the latest poll.

The public believes congressional inquiries into the three controversies are warranted, with 50 percent saying lawmakers are right to probe the issues. Forty-two percent called the hearings “unfair partisan attacks.”

The poll was conducted from May 30 to June 2 and has a 3 point margin of error.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...sies-raising-doubts-about-white-house-honesty

2. Of course he lies,all politicians do.I believe that particular poll had Obamas approval rating at 48 %.During scandals other Presidents are usually in the 20's or 30's

3. pspr

pspr

His egg is starting to crack. Once the white starts running it will all come out with a 'plop!' :D

Obama, though, has slipped in his support among independents, with 59 percent disapproving and 28 percent approving. In January, Obama held a 41-52 net disapproval rating with independent voters.

4. Funny how you left this part out of your post :D

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...sies-raising-doubts-about-white-house-honesty

But the poll also finds that the controversies have not damaged President Obama’s personal standing. Obama holds a 48 percent approval rating with 47 percent disapproving. Those numbers match his rating in the same poll taken in April.

5. pspr

pspr

It wasn't relevant to my point.

You're free to post what ever I don't if you wish. Go for it, waterboy.

BTW didn't you like my cracking egg and the egg white going 'plop' analogy to Obama? :D :D

6. When all else fails

just SHILL, SHILL and SHILL SOME MORE

7. Mercor

Mercor

Liars can be likable.

8. pspr

pspr

Just look at former Illinois Governor, Rod Blagojevich, now in jail. Just about everyone thought he was a cool guy. They still do.

9. Ironically, I'm inclined to believe that the pols who face hard time are probably more honest (relatively speaking) than the career politicians. I think that the only time the "machine" turns on these pols is when they say NO...then the gauntlet is thrown down and the dirty laundry is revealed to put these guys away. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.