POLL: Pay up to stop all of the arguing?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by JPB, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actually no I wasn't. It was decided soon after Don came on board that having me as a moderator was a conflict of interest.

That post is a few months after Don came on board.

(no me being removed has nothing to do with Don--it was decided that due the fact I'm the San Diego (at the time Phoenix) manager for a Echo it could influence my editing.)

Robert

#21     Mar 5, 2002

2. Remember this site was started before 99. A lot of traders who joined are no longer active. We also have TraderRX with his multiple personalities. Who knows how many more posters start an alias so I'd be surprised to see even 1000. The Poll so far is heavily weighing the other way towards paying. You can kick, scream, pout all you want it won't influence this site. If you want custmr service with IB than good luck as they aren't going to pay.
    It's something they are known for lacking.

Hey I've got over 459 member now on my own messageboard(click on my username for info on that) . I'm sure only about 100 check in every once and awhile.

Robert Tharp

#22     Mar 5, 2002
  3. I thought Def was a service and asset of this board. Baron didn't. It's his board. His decision. Life goes on. I can live with advertisers. I've learned things from many of the vendor/sponsors such as Don Bright and David Nassar. I enjoy trashing the spammers and promoters. Let's try to keep things pretty much as they are and we will all be fine.

#23     Mar 5, 2002
  4. If folks are up in arms over IB/def not being allowed to do support for IB on ET, can't IB just open their own thread/board on Yahoo, SI, or Raging Bull and just let everyone know what it is?

Was the reason for def doing IB support here in the first place because IB's support group wasn't responsive?

Seems most of Don's posts are ultimately aimed at trying to get people interested in trading with Bright (or making ill conceived comments about things like why doing prop trading is better than operating a hedge fund or why prop trading equities is better than trading futures) - but if Bright Trading is advertising on the site and that gives Don the latitude to do that, that's OK - people can still choose to read or ignore those threads/posts.

Better that than having ads popping up all over the screen or in annoying new windows every time you skip to the next post.

Baron's done a great job with establishing and operating this communications environment and he deserves the right to run it how he sees fit.

My 2 cents anyway.

#24     Mar 6, 2002
  5. If you charged even $0.02 for a year's membership here, the place would be deserted. It's not the money, it's the pain in the ass of making a buy decision, hauling out your wallet, wondering if it's all just a scam to steal your ccard, etc.

I'd rather see us somehow get rid of all the posts from people asking "who's the best vendor to make my trading decisions for me?" than get rid of the advert posts. At least the latter sometimes contain some substance and help us undertand services and options that may be of interest.

#25     Mar 7, 2002
  6. Nordic

Nordic

How about: .10 per thread, .002 per letters posted, and .25 per cancel. No wait that's SuperSoes charges, gotta go cheaper. :D

Nordic

Don't change a Thing!

#26     Mar 7, 2002
  7. jem

jem

if I route my post through island will I get a rebate?
    By the way there is no way I would pay for this site, not that it is not worth something but I hate dealing with bills and I have been screwed by too many vendors with direct withdrawals.

#27     Mar 7, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.