POLL: Pay up to stop all of the arguing?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by JPB, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yannis

Yannis

How about if we kept payments voluntary??? :)

#11     Mar 5, 2002
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

As always, you have a way with words, simple, direct, to the point... :)

Notice since 9/11 how quickly the flag and patriotism come out to compartmentalize people into us and them. As in, God Bless us, kill all of them. Hmmm, if there is a God I wonder if He feels that way about His children???

#12     Mar 5, 2002
  3. e_shadoe

e_shadoe

make this another paying board and watch it disapear and be replaced by another one. if you charge for this service you will see yourself typing www.elitetrader.com and see a search engine appear or a domain name for sale.

#13     Mar 5, 2002
  4. genebort

genebort

I would be acceptable to $10 per month, but mostly just so Baron would be able to get rid of the "smart mouths" that profess to be so wise, but IMHO are merely obnoxious. Way, way too much negative and/or belittling posting to help people that are asking for help.

#14     Mar 5, 2002
  5. It's breaking, this forum is starting to look like some other (very low quality) boards. Sorry but it's not like it used to be. Signal to noise ratio is going down the tubes. I would gladly pay to avoid postings of irrelevant people and to read all opinions negative and positive of all kinds of products and services related to trading.

I mean, if a sponsor can pay to strip me of my right to read bad reviews about that particular sponsor (asking baron to delete posts), or good reviews about a competitor (asking baron to ban him/her) then there is something broken here.

what's with this people? who doesn't have $5 a month? many people here spend thousands monthly in broker commissions, hundreds in quote services, hundreds/thousands in network connectivity.... what's $5?...

are you poor? then maybe you shouldn't be trading.

now if people want to sell us something, like def, then they should pay through the nose for the right to do so.

#15     Mar 5, 2002
  6. Exactly. Another good reason.

#16     Mar 5, 2002
  7. hey if you want to get active convice DEF to go here. I started an IB thread months ago at this site when Baron first mentioned that he found it a problem that IB has custmr service on the site but doesn't pay for it.

http://www.daytradingstocks.com/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi

It has the exact same type of message style as here yet majority of you guys haven't tried it.

Robert Tharp

#17     Mar 5, 2002
  8. Their policy is no different than ET's

"Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB."

http://www.daytradingstocks.com/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi?action=agree

And by the way why didn't you remove this thread, http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3307 which is in complete violation of the ET user agreement. You were the moderator at the time, right?

#18     Mar 5, 2002
  9. I don't think you have the slightest idea of how much money this site makes in advertising fees a month. $5.00 times even 1000 users will not even be a fraction. So, even if 3000 of us paid $5.00 a month, Baron will get the short end of the stick. So let's forget about this 'we will pay' bull. The poll confirms my feelings - no one wants to pay. So let the advertisers pay for our existence on this board.

#19     Mar 5, 2002
  10. I'm with the "leave it alone" side - this is a great site, and on the whole, it is very well managed. If the operators are doing well financially, then leave things as they are. Everyone here is an adult and should have the analytical abilities to separate the wheat from the Don Bright chaff on their own.

#20     Mar 5, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.