Poll Next Week Bias: A Crash Would Be Nice

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jun 5, 2010.

SPY Next Week

1. Bullish

23 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. Flat

9 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Bearish

42 vote(s)
    53.2%
  4. I prefer not to say

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. It has been a month since we had a major dump. I say it is about time for the next one. We really need more volatility and excitement to overcome the summer doldrums.

2. Fri was a slow one-way street grind lower. Does anybody have a simple study that looks at the market behavior in the following couple of days after a day like that?

3. Reminds one of the selloffs in early 2008 as Paulson was saying everything was lovely and Bernanke was frantically lowering rates.

4. Why would you think another crash will happen? The market crashed already so thinking about another crash is a waste.. The crash that we just had was most likely a wash out and we will be heading up higher...

5. Dow is almost as low as May 25's lowest price. Friday's sell-off seems quite bearish. I think it really depends on the volume. I didn't follow every single stock, so I can't make that judgment. Perhaps a double bottom reversal??? Next week is going to be quite critical.

6. Its mostly about the euro. If it continues down it will take down stocks and it will continue down as the default fear spreads.

7. Opposite (strong uptrend day), or else churn 1 day before lower after that. Most likely the latter, unless major news hits this weekend, would be my bet.

8. On Friday ES reversed hard off the 20-day EMA, and Dow off the 200 in what looked like pretty organized selling. Unless those moves get erased in the next day or so, that would seem pretty bearish for the near term, IMHO.

9. belekas

belekas

It's coming fo sho.
    Lots of Dollar bulls r coming in the next years...

10. Quite a few of stocks are hitting 38% fibo retracements. Some stocks are already hitting 50% retracements.

For solid dividend paying stocks (for long-term holds), I am aiming at 50% retracements if the price breaks 38% next week.

The market has been very volatile for the last two weeks. We'll see who's standing naked after the tide has gone...

#10     Jun 6, 2010