POLL: Monday's Open

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TGregg, Feb 8, 2003.

1. a scalper never has an opinion on anything.he doesnt know how.thats why he scalps

#31     Feb 9, 2003

2. Agreed. A custom ET indicator would be interesting. So how about it ET?

#32     Feb 9, 2003
  3. longshIt,
    make no mistake, YOU are the idiot and this post proves it

#33     Feb 9, 2003
  4. What?? a scalper is the lowest form of trader IMO.he has no opinion by definition he just scratches for his crumbs.basically clueless:(

#34     Feb 9, 2003
  5. cheeks

cheeks

May I ask what is the highest form of trader?

#35     Feb 9, 2003

6. intraday to weekly of course ...look no offense meant just that scalpers are bottom feeders (by definition)

#36     Feb 9, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

Longshot,

I took no offense. I think I understand what you mean, and I do not disagree with it.

I actually do have a very strong idea of what the markets will do, but honestly, I have never acted on those assumptions on a single trade in my life when I have felt that way. Therefore I refrain from giving my "opinion" since talk is cheap and not worth a damn.

If I had money riding on that decision, I would feel more comfortable saying what my position was and the time frame that I was looking to be proven right or wrong.

nitro

#37     Feb 10, 2003
  8. just what i mean.ascalper may have strong feeling but no balls to act so he takes the quick in and out hoping to somehow avoid probability.

#38     Feb 10, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

Anyone who actively puts their money at risk, be it the investor down to the scalper, has "balls."

To use a Chess analogy, some people like to play the Ruy Lopez, and others like Sicilian Dragons - neither requires more "balls" then the other, though one opening is "sharper" than the other. It's a matter of style and knowing where your talent(s) are the greatest.

nitro

#39     Feb 10, 2003
  10. So what do I win?

Gave you the basic range for overnight; you guys make money bouncing around my range?

#40     Feb 10, 2003