POLL: Monday's Open

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TGregg, Feb 8, 2003.

1. what's up tampa? come here trying to get one up on wall st of a lazy sunday only to be let down?

guys, for professional trader talk, be sure not to miss your copy of the daily skirt...

#21     Feb 9, 2003
  2. TGregg

TGregg

I appreciate your concern. While I do have a swingtrade on, it has rules written in stone for exits, and will not be influenced by something as meager as a (more or less) random poll of anonymous users of undetermined ability. I mean, how unscientific can one get? :D.

Originally I suppose I hoped that posts would eventually evolve into T/A and maybe even fundamental discussions. Later, I realized it might be fun to have a "mockicator", our own tongue-in-cheek very short term forecast. Maybe we could get CNBC to post it every morning :D. We could call it CRLI for Completely Random Leading Indicator.

#22     Feb 9, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

I will take everything you want to sell at DOW 1200.

nitro

#23     Feb 9, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

Yes,

I noticed that as well - the middle of the curve is the one that reacts the fastest to news it seems. I am thinking of overweighting the short term and long term, and shorting the middle as soon as war is under way.

As an aside, the CRB index is posed to breakout again - QM and YG closed higher...Fear is coming to a climax.

Opportunuity is ripe...

nitro

#24     Feb 9, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

As to the POLL, you forgot an option - "I have no idea"

nitro

#25     Feb 9, 2003
  6. TGregg

TGregg

You're right, I didn't even think of that (*doh!*) But I wonder, should we use that option for our CRLI?

Uh oh, gotta run. Wife's home and we are going to the movies. :D

#26     Feb 9, 2003
  7. tampa

tampa

It's usually the only thing worth reading around here - and you know it...

#27     Feb 9, 2003
  8. TGregg

TGregg

OK, ET has picked a rating of 3.327, between opening about even and down just a bit. :D

#28     Feb 9, 2003
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

looking at the futures.....I am going to say an up opening followed by a slow rise.
    This is subject to news driven changes.:)

#29     Feb 9, 2003
  10. 831 spx.x should be a key area

FWIW ----if you look at last weeks range on a 15 minute chart
    you see a channel which developed and its bottom channel line comes in right about 831.34...... Not to mention the 20 sma, as well as a possible cross between the 5sma and 20 sma
    all right there at the bottom channel line.

I know its monday and the real volatility blows, but who knows??

#30     Feb 9, 2003