POLL: Monday's Open

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TGregg, Feb 8, 2003.

1. BMF, for the sake your equity, i sure hope you're not making very many trading decisions based on other such piercing analyses...

#11     Feb 8, 2003
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

#12     Feb 8, 2003
  3. nkhoi,

your chart looks really pretty! This market is going to zero

#13     Feb 8, 2003
  4. LOL, no I wouldn't.

#14     Feb 8, 2003
  5. TGregg

TGregg

About 8 hours shy of our deadline, we have ET favoring a decline in the market, with 50% of respondents picking a bit lower and considerably lower, and 45% of the remainder picking an even opening. Here are the raw stats:

SigHi 5 12.5%
    SomHi 6 15%
    Even 9 22.5%
    SomLo 12 30%
    SigLo 8 20%

#15     Feb 9, 2003
  6. tampa

tampa

Is this the kind of riviting "professional traders" talk you mentioned in another thread?

FYI - this isn't "professional trader" talk, it's bullshit - of course, that's just my humble opinion.

#16     Feb 9, 2003
  7. market got you down buddy :p

Of course this talk means nothing..

but you need to remember to hold those winners and cut those losers man, don't be afraid, the world is yours; you just have got to take it.

#17     Feb 9, 2003
  8. of course it's bullshit, but as long as you acknowledge it as that, having a little fun with it is ok.

PeBBLe

#18     Feb 9, 2003
  9. tampa

tampa

OK, you got me on that one - continue...

#19     Feb 9, 2003
  10. H2O

H2O

TGregg,

How do the results match your current postition ? (correct me if I'm wrong.....)
    Did you not feel to certain about it and wanted to gain confidence by hearing other peoples opinion ? If so, learn your lessons :

1. If you're daytrading, DON'T take positions overnight
    2. If you're not daytrading but you don't feel good in a position, exit, even if it's at a loss (Good for your well needed rest)
    3. If you're confident about your postion, don't listen to what other have to say (Other than Greenspan etc.)

#20     Feb 9, 2003