POLL: Monday's Open

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TGregg, Feb 8, 2003.

1. TGregg

TGregg

OK ET, let's see how we do on Monday's market open. Where do you think the markets will be at 9:30 AM EST on Monday? No fair posting your answer at 8:30 AM :D. I'll sum up the results for posterity on Sunday, hopefully before Globex starts posting bids/asks. Feel free to post your thoughts here for where you think the rest of the morning or the rest of the day will go.

2. "A bit lower"

Bet the farm.

3. Why do newbies always ask for opinions about where the market will go in the future? Just go with the flow of the trading day. Don't trade based on preconceptions.

4. TGregg

TGregg

Thanks for your opinion.

5. why assume he's a newbie goldenarm?
    shit, even if he is a newbie, what's wrong with talking market direction? you're right, who cares what happens, but no harm in talking about it a bit.... might even learn something.

personally, i wanna know what Bob Bright thinks about monday! :D

for my part, i reckon about 10 points lower by 9:30 ... i classed that as "considerably"

are you keeping a tally of these greg?

6. TGregg

TGregg

Yeah, I was thinking about doing a Q&D analysis of ET expectations vs. the results for opening and final hour. I wonder if we'll see something interesting like "when it's very mixed, the mean or median ET answer is right, but when it is very focused, we're way off."

I think it'd be pretty cool to have an Elite Trader custom indicator, even if it's mostly for laughs.:cool:

7. Mondays Feb 10 premarket and open: S&P 500 futures between 829 and 833;
    839 max high if gets above 833
    825 max low if below 829 :)

8. I'm going w/ a little higher. I know it's not the popular choice, but I'm a contrarian @ heart :) . For more reasoning: people will have had the weekend to get used to the orange alert (assuming & hoping to God nothing happens), they will think this is buying op., Iraq looks like it's starting to cooperate a little more, so war may seem a little less inevitable. Of course I could be completely wrong, but wha the hey, I threw my hat into ring here.

9. gertsman

gertsman

I think it all depends on if you go to war or not over the weekend. The short term yield curve rallied a bunch on late Friday afternoon, almost like someone knew something.

Gertsman

10. dude ,

this market is going to ...0

#10     Feb 8, 2003