POLL: Market Close Tomorrow ??? (responses up until 1 hour into trading)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Lavish

Lavish

It looks to me like the analyst ratings are still having quite an impact on stock prices eventhough we get all this exposure that a conflict of interest exists more often than not. We can say investor confidence is down but the proof is just not in the puddin'.

I think most investors/traders are savvy enough to know how to use this information as sources of "data" and carry on. The bottom line as to what is hurting the market????? The bottom line.

BTW...Does anyone know the percentage of "bad apples" to the number of publicly traded companies?

#21     Jun 26, 2002
  2. Lavish

Lavish

I just read Arthur Andersen's statement about worldcom...Am wondering what the heck purpose do auditors serve if they can't detect such an obvious fraud as failing to properly account for expenses? Are they THAT worthless? It's not that difficult to detect...as they would have us believe. Numbers don't lie. People do.

#22     Jun 26, 2002
  3. hi,

i believe we will close nearly flat tomorrow and that a short term (summer) bottom will be in place by close friday.

all the best,

surf

#23     Jun 26, 2002
  4. need to add that i am speaking of the nasdaq composite only regarding the bottom friday.

surf:cool: :eek: :eek:

#24     Jun 26, 2002
  5. lundy

lundy

did you trade your prediction? or was it all just for fun?

i also voted the same.

#25     Jun 26, 2002
  6. i covered my shorts within 20 min of the open and held my long (it didn't get stopped out).

#26     Jun 26, 2002