POLL: Market Close Tomorrow ??? (responses up until 1 hour into trading)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, Jun 26, 2002.

1. One day reversals are often made on news events.
    And yes we have the news. We also have a fearful public who has been selling, and now will sell out there last stock at the bottom of the market. It is these circumstances that create the one day reversal. The World Com news allowed the pros to sell off the market yesterday, and of course the public got the news after hours. And now the public will sell back to the pros who are waiting patiently for the sell orders to come in.
    The sentiment has gotten bearish quickly and that accompanied with the news will most likely result in a massive volume day and a one day reversal which will make temporarily a market bottom.
    These types of reversals do not always result in major bottoms although some have in the past. But they do result in tradeable bottoms.

The hook has been set and the public took it hook, line and sinker.

Good luck, and may all make a bundle on this one!

#11     Jun 26, 2002
  2. DT-waw

DT-waw

quote myself, but i have to! :)

look at the NQ Emini 1-minute chart the bottom just at 9:48:24 AM!!! And bulls are running

#12     Jun 26, 2002
  3. xtrader

xtrader

so until that changes...

#13     Jun 26, 2002
  4. It may be fear, but it's dumb fear. We knew WCOM was going in the toilet three months ago. These are just the people with bad memories.

Look for a bounce back.

#14     Jun 26, 2002
  5. Lavish

Lavish

"disclaimer: i don't really care to make predictions, but this one is just for fun. "

Is there a way to trade WITHOUT making predictions? Or, did you mean that you make them but prefer to keep them to yourself? If there is a different way I'd sure like to know.
    Thanks

#15     Jun 26, 2002
  6. "Market will close higher, and reverse into positive territory." got only 16.67% of the total votes. i rule..lol

#16     Jun 26, 2002
  7. exce26

exce26

Japan never recovered from long recession. It is getting worse & worse. They were too late to lower interest rate at the beginning of recession. After that, they lowered interest rate aggresively, but it was too late. USA is exactly doing same thing. I bet same result will come out!

#17     Jun 26, 2002
  8. HI All

Considering the rally off the days lows, I think theres gonna be a strong day tomorrow.

We'll find out.

Sterling

#18     Jun 26, 2002
  9. Vishnu

Vishnu

I dont think this is similar to Japan at all.

A. Japan's corruption went all the way to the Prime Minister. In the US, Enron actually went out of business, as will WCOM, and Dennis Kozlowski is going to jail. Bush is not protecting him which is what happened in Japan.

B. Japanese companies never fired anybody. US companies are aggressively trimming their workforce to get EPS up.

#19     Jun 26, 2002

10. True, however if the accounting scandals don't stop, we could end up with a similar market due to total lack of confidence (I don't see this happening, but it is possible).

#20     Jun 26, 2002