Poll: Majority of Americans Oppose the Tea party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Exactly, all the more reason for smaller government- what the tea party favors...

#21     Aug 28, 2010
  2. Why would I be desperate to fake corporate connections to a movement that majority of Americans oppose?

#22     Aug 28, 2010
  3. The majority of americans also oppose the democrat party... Your point???

#23     Aug 28, 2010
  4. The Dems aren't positioning themselves as holier than thou grassroots 'grand comeback of the Constitution'.

#24     Aug 28, 2010
  5. The government exists to prevent any one sector of society from getting too powerful. The corporations and their bought and paid for shills in the Tea Party don't like having corporate power restricted. That's their entire argument.
    The government is elected and subject to recall by the voters. Corporations, like, say, Koch Industries, aren't. Government can do some pretty bad and stupid things, but can be held accountable to the people in the end. Koch is accountable only to its owners: the Koch brothers.
    The Constitution restricts the power of individuals to control too much of any one lever of power. Its guiding spirit is the precise opposite of what Koch, and its bought and paid for Tea Party, stands for.

#25     Aug 28, 2010
  6. LOL!!! Thanks for making my argumet for me. Number one argument against big government, because industrialists will always come buy it out. If there's not much government to buy out, then there's nothing to take over.

It's hillarious how all you guys are whinning about some dignified businessmen doing the right thing by supporting limited government, while the amount they supported the noble efforts of the tea party with are a myopic drop in the bucked compared to what all the banks and corporations threw at the dem party, yet you guys aren't shitting your diapers about that... Hmmm, wonder why? Double standard much??? LOL!!!

#26     Aug 28, 2010
  7. So you dont like corporate contributions but sometimes you do when it comes to the Tea party, which one is it?

And its not just the Dems, the tea party i.e. the Repubs got a good chunk as well.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/sectorall.php?cycle=2008

Dignified Businessman, LOL.

"In a study released this spring, the University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States"

Wait, but pollution isnt real, like climate change.:D

#27     Aug 28, 2010
  8. Nazi's should not be banned. They should simply be kept far from the corridors of power. This nazi is harmless. The ones that are trouble are the ones smart enough to acquire power and enact their policies in silence.

It is important for our culture allow all ideas a forum, so we can know what is insanity and what is rational.:)

#28     Aug 28, 2010
  9. What I don't like is corruption in government. The nature of power is to corrupt. A big government, either sooner or later, will ALWAYS be a corrupt government. History both distant and recent confirms this with absolute clarity. The only way to prevent this otherwise inevitable conclusion is to keep the size and scope of government small.

This solution also happens to deliver the most liberty to individuals. It's not that difficult- More goverment = less freedom and more corruption. Less government = more freedom and less corruption.

This is actually the basic premis of Liberalism. At least until you guys hijacked the term and manufactured your own new meaning for it.

#29     Aug 28, 2010
  10. This is more strawman, nobody likes corruption in government.

And regarding your 'premise of Liberalism', explain to me why its the Liberals that overwhelmingly oppose the Patriot Act and not your groups who support 'more freedoms'.

#30     Aug 28, 2010