POLL: Made Money or Lost Money today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dnaj65000, Sep 29, 2008.

Made Money or Lost Money?

1. made

58 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. lost

41 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. Did nothing.

26 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. Dow down 777 it was a good trading day in bursts.

#11     Sep 29, 2008
  2. I had a very good day today. I only traded ES. I made 5 trades.

OldTrader

#12     Sep 29, 2008
  3. Made real good money in SHORT QM positions, SHORT ES, SHORT EUR/USD, and cashed out some of my longer term Rydex 200% inverse S&P positions that I had been holding since last October.....I was looking for ES @ 1100 as my cover signal but with todays action that was good enough to scale out some of that long term trade.

#13     Sep 29, 2008
  4. pkts

pkts

I respect anyone that can trade days like this AS WELL as "normal days" (whatever THAT is these days). I find days like this pretty confusing and ALWAYS lose money. They're my sunspot days. Monday the 7th was another one. Lucky for me, they don't happen very often....quite a few lately though :)

#14     Sep 29, 2008
  5. 100% cash and no trades since September 15. Sleeping well.

#15     Sep 29, 2008
  6. Zlatko

Zlatko

I have been in cash since the 19th.

As an unexperienced position trader, I had seen nothing like the two days of 18th and 19th before (although as luck would have it, I was on the right side) and didn't fully appreciate how much political risk there was in the markets.

Since then, I have been in cash and am not planning on shorting nor going long anything until politicians calm down or find some other issue to occupy themselves with.

Since I hold overnight, I can't stomach the risk of some news coming out that will move the markets 10% up in two days, or like today, 8% down in one.

#16     Sep 29, 2008
  7. was watching the bailout vote on c-span

went short 2 ES @ 1160 when it started to look

like a failure....less than 2 minutes later I

click on the DOM to buy back at 1149.75 so I can

lock in 1k profit....got filled at 1146......were those

fast markets or what?

Wasnt feeling so smart 2 minutes later with ES at 1118

#17     Sep 29, 2008
  8. Just one trade today.... caught one of the two 10pt ES pullbacks this morning. Other than that, was not comfortable with the volatility post-vote, so I stayed out.

#18     Sep 29, 2008
  9. np. = )

Although most people who chose sat on hands are either:
    1) not active day traders - because if you are active you would of executed at least one trade today, long or short
    2) caught long and are marrying your position as an investment.

#19     Sep 29, 2008