Poll: Lenth of your Vacation/Break from Trading.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NOego, Aug 16, 2002.

1. NOego

NOego

This questions is directed to all the traders out there that have been in the business of active day-trading. Trading for at least a few years, let's say at least three. And those traders who derive most of their earnings from daytrading alone.

The question is: What is the total number of days, throughout the year, that you willingly take off from trading the markets? This is not counting the official holidays/weekend days, when the markets are closed. So a weekend getaway doesn't count. :p

My answer: After trading for four years in the equity markets, my time off from the markets equals to an average of a total of 30-40 days per year. That would be about a month off during the summer and another month off during the year end Holidays.

Thank You & Good Trading,
    NOego

2. lescor

lescor

My total days off this year have consisted of one day to travel to an investor expo, one day to re-load my operating system after a crash five minutes before the open and one day at the beach. So I guess only one real day off.

I enjoy my job and really look forward to it each day. I am however overly concerned with missing a big move. You only get a handful of days when you make the bulk of your money for the year. That day at the beach, the market rallied 250 points. Who knew?

I get plenty of family time and relaxation, and don't feel burnt out yet. When I do, I don't think I'll have any problem taking an extended break.

3. Flynn

Flynn

1-week every two month regardless what gonna happen on the market. During that week no TV news, no newspapers.