POLL: Islam - vicious and wicked faith

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by estrader, Feb 4, 2006.

Do 90% of muslims give the rest a bad name?

1. Yes, islam is wicked and visious faith.

51 vote(s)
    69.9%
  2. No, muslims are just misunderstood

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. I am a muslim

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. I don't know who are muslims.

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Idoogye

Idoogye

Why do respond to what I wrote by labelling me? In your mind, is "liberal" a bad thing to be?

As for the example you raised, my opinion is that cultural, ethnic and religious displays ought to be freely permitted - indeed, encouraged, without discrimination - in the public schools. In other words, I agree with you! I just don't want to see the public schools, or any other governmental institution in the business of sponsoring sectarian religious expression, or favoring one religion over another. Clearly, that's unconstitutional.

Christian politicians and political Christians alike are treated most deferentially in this country, and enjoy a rather privileged status. I don't see evidence that anyone in America is making "war" on Christians or Christianity, nor are Christians being "persecuted". To pretend that they are is worse than simply indulging in a bit of hyperbole; it's dishonest.

Well then, there we are. I hope my contribution's not too "liberal" for you.

~ Good Night, and Good Luck ~

#41     Feb 5, 2006
  2. I'm not. The poster you're referring to is a skilled craftsman in the art of annoying the shit out of people- the Michael Jordan of internet trolls. It instinctively knows that any attempt to spark a 'battle re-enactment', would <b>not</b> successfully annoy me. Therefore, doing so would serve no purpose.

EDIT: Did I just respond way too seriously to a joke again? My bad- I do that alot.

#42     Feb 6, 2006
  3. All;

reading most of your comments showed me that you dont have good idea what islam is, simply islam is not for arabs only, its the mercy for everybody in this world! "The literal meaning of Islam is peace"
    http://www.en.islamhouse.com/

http://www.islam.ws/

Thanks

#43     Feb 11, 2006
  4. Might want to let them know that also.

JohnnyK

#44     Feb 11, 2006
  5. How many practicing Christians actually turn the other cheek?

#45     Feb 11, 2006
    #46     Feb 11, 2006
  7. EC1

EC1

Thank you oh mighty one!

#47     Feb 11, 2006
  8. Why is it that non Muslims appear on ET and claim to be experts is what Islam literature really means, how Islamic literature is supposed to be interpreted, what Mohammad's real intentions were, etc.?

Suppose Muslims appear and tell Jews with Judaism is supposed to mean, how the words of the Bible and Hebrew scripture are supposed to be taken and how Judaism is to be practiced.

Suppose Hindus appear and tell Christians how the words of Jesus Christ and his Apostles are supposed to be taken.

There is nothing more demonstrable of the hubris of a person or group, who does not practice a particular faith or or particular style of religion, telling those who do practice that religion, or hold their own beliefs of a religion....what a religion should mean for others.

It is fine and dandy to comment on the behavior of others as that behavior represents a threat to the peaceful existence of mankind, but to suggest that the detractors alone have the proper understanding of what a Prophet was intending to be done with their words, or how their words were to be taken...is pure insanity.

It is this desire to spread hatred of a religion or a race that is at the foundation of this, rather than opposition to or of violent or fanatical behavior.

It is logically possible, and a fact of reality for the over 6 million Muslims living in America, that one can condemn the behavior of others without the need to bring their religion into the equation.

It is the extremist nature that is the issue at hand, not the words in a book....

That of course is missed by those who seek only to practice the technology of hate and bigotry.

Love the Christian, love the Muslim, love the Atheist...but hate the exremist nature that give rise to violent behavior , hate filled thought and political agendas that seek to deny people the freedom of choice to embrace their own religion.

#48     Feb 11, 2006
  9. ya got whole bunch of sexual deviants in the christian faith starting with pedophile priests, phonesex addict o'reilly, toefetish dick morris, whoreseeking jimmy swarart, etc.
    shit some of ya klans here i know fuck dogs n cats.

#49     Feb 11, 2006

10. Summary: I can't refute the fact that 'peace' has an entirely different meaning in Islam vs. Western culture. After all, this is well documented in Islamic texts and widely confirmed via opinion polls.

However, I <b>can</b> speak out in favor of ignorance and denial. These two states of mind are a very important part of my life. More importantly, I hope this message will serve to annoy/anger/infuriate those who are knowledgeable. Pissing people off is the only way I can bring a small measure of gratification into my pathetic life.

#50     Feb 11, 2006