POLL: Islam - vicious and wicked faith

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by estrader, Feb 4, 2006.

Do 90% of muslims give the rest a bad name?

1. Yes, islam is wicked and visious faith.

51 vote(s)
    69.9%
  2. No, muslims are just misunderstood

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. I am a muslim

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. I don't know who are muslims.

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Thank you. Unfortunately, you are right. And that is the crux of the problem: That religion as we know it has separated God and man. You made that separation three times in three sentences. It is deeply ingrained, thanks to religion as we know it.

Here's the scary part. What if that was the very illusion that was leading to all this violence?

JohnnyK

#31     Feb 5, 2006
  2. i look forward to ya klans' heads upon a mosque mantle.

#32     Feb 5, 2006
  3. Maybe you could shrink the heads too and carry them around on a stick.

#33     Feb 5, 2006
  4. the only way to stop this insanity is to provide hope, money and oppt to these poor disenchanted muslems.

#34     Feb 5, 2006
  5. When those in other countries see how our own people were treated during and after the Katrina situation, when they see the broken promises to Americans, when we have nearing 20% living below poverty level....what gives them hope?

We preach a lot, but when they see our practices.....

#35     Feb 5, 2006
  6. I am positive, we will never find such a diversity of opinions on an islamic forum about Christianity, as we find on this one about Islam. They all just call for "vengance" and "slaughter those who oppose islam".

#36     Feb 5, 2006
  7. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Of course you know all these protests and riots are well organized… The Islamist organizers think they are scoring political points when the Muslim World is really making an ass of itself right now.

#37     Feb 5, 2006
  8. Idoogye

Idoogye

-- That is true. Why do I suppose it is true? Perhaps because we are fortunate to live in our secular Western culture, and the true-believing, fanatical "fundamentalists" amongst us have not yet, in these modern times, gained sufficient political power to muzzle or slaughter those who oppose them.

Unfortunately there is in the USA a considerable sentiment in favour of admixing religion with government, and it's not uncommon to encounter people who will argue that, First Amendment or no, the Constitution does not separate church and state(!) They seem to long for a bygone age when there were no moral ambiguities, when spiritual certainty prevailed and ordinary people had only to obey the Church and rest assured that their faith would protect and save them.

I think a similar revivalism is manifest in modern Islamic society and, comparing the treatment of "infidels" prescribed in the Qur'an with the mandate of the "Great Commission" which is given so much weight by evangelical Christian religionists, one could envision the two cultures on a collision course.

IMO, the main difference between the two "great" Abrahamic religions - Islam and Christianity - is not that the scriptures sacred to one are "better" than those of the other, but that Judeo-Christianity is older and more mature than Islam, and has
    evolved to the point where it is less bloodthirsty in its quest for world domination.

The goals of both are identical. The human cost if either were to prevail is appalling to contemplate.

#38     Feb 5, 2006
  9. reg

reg

I'm surprised that one of our favorite posters here on ET did not bring up the argument (again) that you are posting OLD data. :D

#39     Feb 5, 2006
  10. You must be a liberal. By the way here is an example of war on Christianity and Christmas, that of course is not, because liberals say so:

A sharply divided panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit ruled that it is constitutionally permissible for New York City public schools to ban the display of the Christian nativity during Christmas, while permitting the display of the Jewish menorah and the Islamic star and crescent during Hanukkah and Ramadan.
    The City defended its policy by arguing that the menorah and star and crescent were permissible symbols because they were "secular," whereas the nativity scene had to be excluded because it was “purely religious.”

http://www.thomasmore.org/news.html?NewsID=396

#40     Feb 5, 2006