POLL: Islam - vicious and wicked faith

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by estrader, Feb 4, 2006.

Do 90% of muslims give the rest a bad name?

1. Yes, islam is wicked and visious faith.

51 vote(s)
    69.9%
  2. No, muslims are just misunderstood

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. I am a muslim

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. I don't know who are muslims.

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. #11     Feb 5, 2006
  2. #12     Feb 5, 2006
  3. So the question is, should narcissists and those who emulate them be mocked?

I'm not talking about threatening anyone, ever. I'm talking about jokes, cartoons, comic books.

Should such mind-sets be ignored? Can they be ignored when one billion people honor a narcissist? And if they can't be ignored, should they be mocked?

Is mocking therapeutic? Certainly for me it has been. Is it good for the 'offended' and the 'insulted' also?

Should we enshrine a need to be offended? Whose responsibility is it really, when we are offended and insulted...but not threatened?

Seriously, who's responsible for being offended?????

JohnnyK

#13     Feb 5, 2006

4. Ah, maybe it was someone else. But that link is hilarious. I didn't know there were so many nutty stories in the Koran...in addition to all the nutty stories I knew about already.

#14     Feb 5, 2006
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

again - i really don see the point in spreading or insighting this type of religious hatred.

sure there are a few muslim nutters about - like the ones we see on tv burning flags, celebrating 9-11 etc but there are extremists in every ideology these days.

i remember seeing some yanks on the tv when i was younger:

they were from the south, were in the KKK, used to LYNCH PEOPLE based on their colour, HAD SEX WITH THEIR OWN MOTHERS AND SISTERS, ate nothing but FRIED CHICKEN, COULDNT READ OR WRITE, thought the earth was created in 7 calendar days, BLAH BLAH BLAH,

i guess EVERY AMERICAN must be like this cos i saw a few extremists who were.

#15     Feb 5, 2006
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

although i dont really agree with these angry 'sand niggers' as you yanks love to call 'em, i do have the ability to see things from the other side.

this is the real fact:

we in the west have given up our worship and belief in jesus and the almighty as it has become more socially acceptable to believe EVERYTHING the boss at work says and of course mr evil gw bush, and worship the green back.

we have forgotten the meaning of blasphemy because we in the west have mostly lost our morals and ethical standards, and of course OUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS WHERE CORE MORALS, ETHICS AND SENSE OF DUTY COME FROM. i read in the paper how a soldier returning from iraq was asked to remove his uniform in hospital so as not to cause offence to anyone in the hospital. wtf?? what is the west coming too?

perhaps if we had any real values in the west, like respect for our elders, our parents, eachother then we may just start to understand why such things are the way they are.

freedom of speech is one thing, but with that FREEDOM cames RESPONSIBILITY. if we are free to say, do and print as we please, it wont be long until hitler jnr comes to power again

#16     Feb 5, 2006
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

they are. in europe it has been discovered that suicide bombers are recruited from just such places. the madrid train bombers were in fact a bunch of drug dealers, petty fraudsters etc who had lost their way in life.

again, touching on my earlier post, this is why proper religion has its place in modern life. these young muslims had lost their faith in themselves and their religion. they were then 'salvaged' and brainwashed as they were introduced to the more 'unclear' passages in the koran that are open to mis interpretation like any religious book.

#17     Feb 5, 2006
  8. Hamas recently won the Pali elections, and Hizbollah did very well in Lebanon. How well has the KKK done in the electoral process of southern U.S. states? I'm talking post-WW2 here.
    One Klansman won one petty local election once. That's about it. No comparison.

#18     Feb 5, 2006
  9. stu

stu

When you say proper religion has its place, do you mean peaceful religion has its place, or does one need to subject proper to misinterpretation in order to give it the meaning of another more suitable word?

The Koran is in no way unclear to make misinterpretation necessary. It is violent. But then, so is the Bible.

#19     Feb 5, 2006
  10. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

so what you saying? all you yanks arent a bunch of mutha f****in, nigga hatin', thickos? kind of proves my point then!

i dont think hamas is a good example due to the unfair circumstances palestinians are put under by israel. this would be like saying all irish people are terrorists just because sinn fein (ira) had a lot of support from irish voters. remember the ira? the ones who americans financed pre 'joke err i mean war on terror'

brining the poor kicked and wounded dog into the conversation is a shysters tactic. most of europe would support palestine any day over israel - but hey, were lucky cos we dont live in the usa so we know whats going on. (test - do you yanks know the latest number of deaths in iraq? clue - its 4x what you are told in your media)

fyi most of the arab world dont exactly help out palestine do they - sure the odd nutter outfit may throw them a bit of semtex here & there but so what - they dont give public support.

but lts not go there AGAIN!!!

rearden - do you really think every non us muslim or non european muslim is some terrorist wannabe then? do you think these peoples lives revolves around hatred and the destruction of usa?

please.

#20     Feb 5, 2006