Poll: Is the potential oil crisis the beginning of the end for Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tenthousandmen, Feb 24, 2012.

Poll: Is the potential oil crisis the beginning of the end for Obama?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2012.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. Yes it is.......................

sound familiar? ;)

2. If we can blame the oil crisis on Iran then link Obama to Iran - we'll be good to go.

3. ScorpXdt

ScorpXdt

Iran is probably a major source of Obama campaign contributions.

4. yea

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Blame Bush!

6. pspr

pspr

ObamaCare was the beginning of the end for Obama.

7. Brass

Brass

What else would you like for Christmas, besides ten thousand men?

8. Just saying so, won't make the 'end' happen. Rep's need Christie, Jeb, someone, anyone almost to keep Obama out of another 4 years.

60.3% still at Intrade.

Polls still leading.

The article about the price of oil as it relates to the dollar and to gold would/could explain some of the gas pump crisis.

But, since that is the only thing the talking points are focusing on, it does make one wonder. Wonder what the 'experts' are thinking? Even on Fox they are starting to say the economy is looking better.

Don't get me wrong, I understand all the right's concerns, although some are imaginary. Muslim, birther, all that nonsense. There is concern with fiscal issues. I don't bother too much with the social differences, I honestly don't think we're going to turn into a theocracy, from either side, anytime soon, regardless of Santorum.

I do worry about the tax situations, plural because the issues are so complex. And, I think if both 'sides' were 100% honest, making real money bets, that they would both say that there is no correct answer. More taxes on wealthy or less. More on Middle class, or less. FICA, Medicare, even obamacare taxes. We HAVE to cut spending, no matter what. Even if gas were to go to $2.00 per gallon or $6.00 per gallon, gotta cut some subsidies and spending.

c

9. so when obama made an offer early on in the debt limit battle of $3 in spending cuts in exchange for $1 of revenue increases he was being the sensible one? why do you think the republicans refused to budge?
    it is pretty simple. the republicans refused because they didnt want to do anything that could be seen as a plus for obama. in addition they did not want the economy to improve before the election because that helped their chances of winning. now that the economy is improving, and obamas numbers are improving, inspite of their best efforts to stop it they are in a bit of a panic.

10. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, that was going to be my response when i started reading this thread, you beat me to it. :D

#10     Feb 24, 2012