Poll: Is it humanly possible to capture 3x ATR everday?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jsmith, Aug 20, 2007.

Is it humanly possible to capture 3x ATR everday?

1. Yes

64 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. No

221 vote(s)
    77.5%

1. Isn't there a rule that requires that when showing real time results those claims must be verifiable ?

#41     Jun 8, 2008
  2. If Jack actually wanted to settle this dispute he could do it in a few seconds by simply posting a few months worth of account statements.

In stead he chooses to spend hours posting long rambling incoherent messages, often unrelated to trading.

#42     Jun 8, 2008
  3. Just questioning this is ridiculous.

It can't be done, end of argument, it's impossible to do what the poll says.

Anek

#43     Jun 8, 2008
  4. fseitun

fseitun

Going back to the topic of this thread, some key information is missing in the question:

- 3X ATR on what timeframe? I assume you implied daily ATR.

- What ATR period? 21? 14?

If we take daily ATR set at 14, current reading for ES would be around 21 pts.

3 times that equals 63 pts.

Now another question arises: what kind of position sizing do you have in mind?

What's your capital size?

If you trade 63 contracts it will only take 1.25 ES pts to achieve that- comissions included -

If you trade 2 contracts at the time, I guess it's a very long shot to achieve that.

The question is badly formulated and it's missing key information, so no answer can be given IMO.

#44     Jun 8, 2008
  5. Tums

Tums

When traders talk about points, they refer to points per contract.

Uninitiated amateurs might think differently.

#45     Jun 8, 2008
  6. I'm curious Vikana, what do you think of your fellow moderator callmate deleting any negative posts about Jack and leaving his supporters posts? in effect a one sided argument in any thread she moderates.

Do the moderators speak to each other and try to adhere to a certain level of integrity? Or is it just a free for all where a Hershey devotee like callmate or nkhoi can just do as they please and flout their own rules?

#46     Jun 8, 2008
  7. neke

neke

Just looked at the poll result, and it says 21% think it is possible. I don't know whether it is the same jerk voting yes multiple times, but in case it represents the actual ratio from viewers of this thread, I am appalled at the amount of gullibility out there - or should I say crass ignorance.

#47     Jun 8, 2008
  8. See Attached

#48     Jun 8, 2008
  9. Jack,

Your best attempt at 3X ATR would be cutting your pony tail and selling it on Ebay to one of your fans.

However, since the poll said "everday" and hair does not grow that fast, I have simply, run out of ideas.

Anek

#49     Jun 8, 2008
  10. listed

listed

For you dumbasses that said yes. Show me your PnL, where you got 100 plus points trading the es. The poll did say everyday, so cough it up.

#50     Jun 8, 2008