POLL: Is EliteTrader becoming the Fox News of Trading?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thunderdog, Sep 25, 2009.

Is EliteTrader becoming the Fox News of Trading?

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    27.4%
  1. More and more, I get the impression that ET is dumbing down. There are exceptions, of course, but I refer to the general trend for this site. It certainly exists in the P&R forum, however, I believe it has found its way into the mainstream forums as well. Please participate in this poll and let us know what you think.

And speaking of Fox:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=177166

2. ya all these inane polls are good evidence of that :D

3. clacy

clacy

I agree that ET is getting worse and worse on a weekly basis.

Most threads are nothing more than stupid polls like this, cut and paste bear articles, dooms day predictions/FED conspiracies, or increasenow BANG!!!!! threads.

Not sure what that has to do with FOX News. Just because what they report is an alternative to the left-wing media doesn't make it dumb.

They report very relevant events that much of the mainstream media ignores and present news with a conservative bent, offering a counterpoint to the numerous media outlets that lean left.

4. sosueme

sosueme

ET = entertaining trivia

How can you dumb that down.

5. Allen3

Allen3

I am assuming you believe yourself to be in the "SMART" crowd? I would characterize the website more as an assembly of the MSNBC crowd then Fox, but as I am speaking to a Michael Moore Keith Oberman type, I'm sure you will disagree and believe your view is cultured and studied.

God so loved the world that he allowed idiocy, and with it you abound.:D

6. byteme

byteme

Erectile Trauma?

7. Not necessarily smart. Just smarter than you. Not that that's saying much.

8. And yet, here you are. Make yourselves at home, gents. :)

9. your the one that fancies himself a cut above the rest :)

your posts reek of pomposity :D

10. Again, not so. Just guys like you. Really. And, judging by the benchmark, that's hardly being pompous.

#10     Sep 25, 2009