POLL: Is all the hateful rhetoric against Obama both shameful and disturbing?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Dec 28, 2009.

Is all the hateful rhetoric against Obama both shameful and disturbing?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. sjfan

sjfan

Sorry? Every rightwinger and republican supported the free speech cage? Will you provide a citation for that?

Given the last 8 years of rapid criticism of bush, it's the extreme (at least I hope it's the extreme) left is some how perplexed that anyone would really not like their guy.

Extreme criticism that borders on idiocy exists on both side and always will (and always should. it's a sign of a healthy democracy). Again, I ask, what's your point.

#21     Dec 28, 2009
  2. wjk

wjk

Excluding the promise of transparency.

#22     Dec 28, 2009
  3. sjfan

sjfan

And closing gitmo. (the real world turned out to be more complicated... who knew!)

#23     Dec 28, 2009
  4. Easy. It's called the "we won't speak with Fox News and you better not either if you want WH access" mantra directly out of the White House.

A cage is a cage.

#24     Dec 28, 2009
  5. Every hear of complaints of free speech cages for Bush protesters from Limbaugh, Hannity, Prager, Malkin, Savage, Beck, Ingraham, Coulter, etc.?

#25     Dec 28, 2009
  6. JamesL

JamesL

Ending the business as usual Washington politics.

Reaching across the aisle and working in a bi-partisan manner.

#26     Dec 28, 2009
  7. Maybe the lack of respect stems from Obama being a liar.

Bush is another subject on this matter.

#27     Dec 28, 2009
  8. Bush is another subject matter, except that the same people who blindly defended Bush and called those who protested Bush as traitors and unAmerican...are now found acting as if their own shit doesn't stink...

#28     Dec 28, 2009
  9. From the poll, it appears as if the ET loony right has called in their stormfront.org buddies to vote...

:D :D :D

#29     Dec 28, 2009
  10. sjfan

sjfan

Again, the opinion of the majority of right winger and republicans is not necessarily the opinion of the most vocal and extreme segement of their party.

I don't expect Noam Chromsky or Michael Moore to be representative of the rank and file democrat. Why would you assume Limbaugh and Beck to be representative of the average republican? I know the answer - because the republicans are your "enemies" and you like to demonize them.

#30     Dec 28, 2009