POLL: Intraday traders, what % of your total profits is generated by a single market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gabfly1, Mar 4, 2011.

Intraday traders, what % of your overall profits is generated by a single market?

1. Less than 25%

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Between 25% and 50%

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Between 50% and 75%

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. More than 75%

23 vote(s)
    82.1%
  1. I first conducted this poll about two and a half years ago, and ask that you kindly participate again in this new poll. The poll itself is the same. I just wish to see if the numbers have remained fairly constant over time. For comparative and information purposes, here is a link to the previous poll, but I ask that you only participate in the new one at this time:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135282&highlight=POLL+single+market

2. Please vote if you have not yet done so.

3. better yet would be for traders to note...ES 75%, NQ 20%, YM 15% for example...do the breakdown

4. Another reminder to please vore if you have not already done so.

5. Judging by this poll, as compared to the one I conducted a few years ago, it would appear that ET's intraday traders are more inclined to focus on a single market than they had in the past. Assuming, of course, that the numbers are anywhere near representative. (Big assumption.)

My guess, and I could be mistaken, is that most of the respondents who generate more than 75% from a single market probably trade only that one market. Please let me know if I am mistaken. If you selected this option but trade more than one market, please post a few words to that effect. Thanks.

6. benwm

benwm

I think you should have included the option, "more than 100%" :D