Poll: Ifyou were forced to make a choice between the 2,which option would you choose?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., May 11, 2012.

Which of the 2 is more emasculating?

1. Sawing 1 of your own testicles with a rusty hacksaw....

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Becoming a male nurse....

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. Nurses make alot of money where I live in CA. I was in the hospital a few years ago getting some stitches and I was talking to this male nurse. I asked him how much male nurses make and he said at that hospital they start at $37 per hour and all the overtime you want. So working 40 hours per week only grosses you $74k per year which isnt bad considering you only need to go to school for 2 years. That $74k doesnt even include the $5k to $15k signing bonus many of them get. You do 10 hours per week overtime and you make $115k your first year. The money alone makes a male nurse job masculine.

Now...if you said male flight attendent where their starting pay is a little bit above minimum wage, then yeah...thats effeminate.

(LOL, whenever I fly and see a male flight attendant, I always want to call out "Stewardess!! I need another pillow!" to see their reaction because even the stewardesses, dont want to be called stewardess anymore.)

#11     May 11, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

There is no way I would perform the tasks they must perform for $74k unless I had a house full of children to feed and cloth and could not make a living any other way. Too many bodily fluids (and solids) and not enough mental challenge.

RCG (I assume this thread relates to him) has to stick an enema nozzle in someone's butt and deal with the inevitable disasters that must occur during such activities. There isn't enough soap and water on the Earth to make a person feel clean after such contact.

They've got to remove and replace soiled bedsheets and bedpans. They've got to wash patients. They have to shave patients in preparation for surgery. Between the oozing wounds and the violence and insanity seen in medical facilities I would say they are earning every penny the hard way. Working long hours in a diseased environment where the staff commonly acquires the diseases that the patients are being treated for is very unappealing. Its an awful way to make a living. Better to work hard in school and become a doctor for those who can cope with getting an education.

But if faced with being a janitor or bussing tables or delivering newspapers it would be clearly better to become a male nurse.

#12     May 11, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

What he said.

#13     May 11, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

LOL Could you make it sound any more unglamorous? :D

#14     May 11, 2012
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol

#15     May 11, 2012
  6. lol, a thread just for me!

I'm a celeb now that I messed you guys up so badly:D

I still don't know why 377 clings to the idea that RN's do any of the stuff he describes. We have people for that. He watches too much TV, I guess.

Max, it is normal to have manhood issues if you are not secure in your masculinity. At some point, you will outgrow it....well, now that I think about it, maybe not:D

But anyways, thank you for letting me know I have gotten under your skin, that's called a win here in fight club.:cool:

#16     May 11, 2012
  7. Again, poor 377 did not read past the first line about 74k being the base salary, so you get six figs being a rookie nurse, imagine what you get for 20 years.

In fact, it made national news that a prison nurse there made 250K last year I think, she worked 60 hrs a week or so, I believe.

#17     May 11, 2012
  8. LOL...you know many hospitals will give you a choice of what department to work in. You dont have to be an ER nurse and treat dirty geriatric bums. You could work the NICU and take care of premature babies. Not so bad changing diapers if they are infants. Also, much of that hygene related stuff you described is done by nursing assistants. Thats hospital workers that didnt go to school. They do all the wiping butts and cleaning soiled sheets.

#18     May 11, 2012
  9. He knows this, 377 is not a dummy, he is just desperate for a retort. You should know that you will be one starred henceforth.:D

#19     May 11, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Considering the cost of living I should hope so.

Apparently they don't do too well on third shift in Peoria though.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=242005

#20     May 12, 2012