POLL: If you were improving your method, would you seek more setups or fewer of them?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gabfly1, Feb 18, 2010.

If you were improving your method, would you seek more setups or fewer of them?

1. More setups

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Fewer setups

38 vote(s)
    71.7%
  1. Interesting poll results. Of the 50 respondents thus far, 35, or 70%, essentially believe that their current trading method causes them to overtrade to some degree. This suggests to me that they would like to enhance reliability. The remaining 15 respondents, or 30%, would like to increase trade frequency, suggesting they are content with reliability and just want more action, all else being equal. I thought the numbers might skew in this direction, but I didn't know to what extent. And so, another itch has been scratched. Thanks to everyone who participated.

#51     Feb 22, 2010
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Indeed! The market will determine how many setups present themselves. If you would seek anything, it would be better setups, not more or fewer. Better meaning, of course, more favorable reward to risk.

#52     Feb 22, 2010
  3. I think you may be missing the point of this thread. It is about the respondent's evaluation of his or her own trading method as it relates to setups along the reliability/frequency continuum. What you wrote is correct. However, it does not touch on the specific issue addressed in this poll.

#53     Feb 22, 2010
  4. As a beginner, I would choose a fewer setup in improving my methods so I could focus more in one direction. I could probably add more, in time.

#54     Feb 23, 2010