POLL: If you trade intraday, do you use sub-one-minute charts in your trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gabfly1, Aug 12, 2010.

If you trade intraday, do you use sub-one-minute charts in your trading?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. No

52 vote(s)
    69.3%
  1. Thanks. That's good to know. But I'm presently using software that allows sub-one-minute charting, so I'm okay for now.

#21     Aug 12, 2010
  2. No, I don't move in such lofty circles. But I'm surprised by your report that that none of the institutional trading firms you visited saw fit to use sub-one-minute charts to finesse entries. At least to the extent that they use charts to time entries. Interesting.

#22     Aug 12, 2010
  3. I have used a 10 second chart on several occasions in the NQ

#23     Aug 12, 2010
  4. If EasySignal ever ditched the ability to chart on one-second, I would ditch them in a heartbeat. I NEEEEEEED it! As to what the alleged prose use, WTF do THEY know? Are THEY struggling to supplement paltry Social Security and corporate retirement all on their own, with barely a figurative trading pot to piss in? No! Those pussies have huge infrastructures and research departments (that's what they call insider knowledge) and junior G-Man coders to fetch their code coffee. If I showed them what I do they are so boundhide by tradition that they would think it was just entertaining squiggly lines. No! The forefront, the avante garde, the ne-plus-ultra of trading is the exclusive realm of the lone-wolf mad-dog solitary independent trader. Personally, I think it helps to be unwashed, smelly and in your week-old underwear to trade well. Their prissy preppy boy dress codes are a horrible impediment to trading success.

#24     Aug 12, 2010
  5. Me too.
    I use a 1.5 point Range chart every day. In some instances, that 1.5 point can happen in less than a minute, sometimes in 1 second.

#25     Aug 12, 2010
  6. achilles28

achilles28

sometimes.

#26     Aug 12, 2010
  7. One-second charts? I know you mentioned this in the past, but are you serious?

#27     Aug 12, 2010
  8. Bien sur. The market don't lollygag around. It turns on a dime at all S/R. But first ya gotta know where that is to reckonnize it. Mais, "Ne reviens pas un chat qui dort." Just asking the question gives something away. That is why I supported you, because now everyone will know one second is a joke. It must be, if Professor Doaks advocates it: "Doaks must get awful sore strokin' it to a one-second beat.".

#28     Aug 12, 2010
  9. Hmm. Why do I get the feeling you're having fun at my expense...

#29     Aug 12, 2010
  10. I am a mister of massdirection. The truth, FWIW, is that I spend most of my screen time glued to a one-second chart that has all the relevant S/R near the current price displayed on it. Plus four critical market internals arrayed below it. If I couldn't chart one second I would be blind, because I can't see all the shit I want to see on a one-minute chart. As backup situational awareness, I have three one minute charts running, each showing pieces of what the one second shows.

#30     Aug 12, 2010