POLL: If you had to guess, what % of hardcore Republicans do you think are bigots?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Feb 20, 2009.

If you had to guess, what % of hardcore Republicans do you think are bigots?

1. Less than 25%

25 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. 25% to 50%

8 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. 51% to 75%

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. More than 75%

20 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. ET's hardcore Republicans are almost unanimously vociferous in their outcry against Obama, a black man, even though their arguments hold little if any water. And some have let their sheets slip a little with decidedly questionable remarks. Meanwhile, innocent little you can't even begin to form an opinion...

#11     Feb 20, 2009
  2. See my post above.

It isn't really about Obama's skin color, that is just a way to rally the ignorant troops.

Republican core leadership is much smarter and "evil" than to get hung up on something like race. The end justifying the means is the deepest held belief of the hard core republicans in power, which means that any action, religion, race, ethnicity can be used as a tool to advance the essential mission of the republican agenda.

It really isn't because Obama is black, it is that Obama represents non republican values, Obama represents a real threat to the republican plan.

The level of hate would be just as intense if Hillary would have been elected, and they would preach to their ignorant followers, the dittohead types....slyly that because Hillary is a woman that she is not going to be a good president, etc. But they wouldn't care if a president was black, or a woman, or an Arab, or a jew as long as the person served their master.

Look to their master, the real republican master...he is hard to find, as he is always lurking in the shadows...

#12     Feb 20, 2009
  3. I think Hardcore Republicans are unanimously vociferous against pretty much all Democrats regardless of race - Obama, Hillary, Howard Dean, John Edwards. I think it has to do more with disdain for the political party they belong to (common denominator) than race. Hardcore Democrats hate republicans not because of race or gender but because of their Party affiliation. I don't know what you mean by I don't have opinions. I voted for Obama because he seemed to appeal to the most people and could bring an end to the typical cross party rhetoric that leads to nowhere (Exhibit A: See your last post to swstrader). Obviously your posts don't mean anything to the progress of America but that same type of communication goes on in Washington where it matters. I think Obama will to reach across party lines and try to make a more unified gov't with the country's interests first because he realizes this is the best path. I just hope the Republicans will accept his hand.
    I said that I assumed you don't like Obama because from reading your posts you likely wouldn't want republicans having a say in what goes on and wouldn't be a fan of reaching across party lines stuff just as a lot of rightwingers wouldn't have wanted that the past 8 years. Am I right?

#13     Feb 20, 2009
  4. The republicans have already played their hand, and they have shown that they won't accept Obama's hand in any real spirit of compromise.

The republicans are not a party based on any sense of compromise or change in their philosophy, or acting for the good of all.

There is no high minded thinking in the republican party.

It is all about the end justifying the means and the advancement of the true republican agenda.

In sizing up a man, you always have to try and find the deepest desire and inner motivation, because that is really the prime mover, especially when the core value allows any means to be justified in defending that core value.

#14     Feb 20, 2009
  5. OPTIONAL777, despite our unpleasant history, I have to give you credit for astuteness regarding the American political scene. While a few of your observations come across as somewhat extreme, enough of your points are spot on. And perhaps my poll is beside the point, but it is difficult not to observe that racists seem to find comfort and refuge in the Republican party more so than in any other. But I am inclined to agree that this is but a subset of what lies beneath.

#15     Feb 20, 2009
  6. bxptone

bxptone

They hate democrats because they try to help poor people, which are often BLACK, HISPANIC. HENCE REPUBLICANS LIKE YOUR DIPSHIT DAD, ARE RACIST FUCKS, WHICH THEY PROVE EVERTIME THEY OPEN THEIR DAM MOUTHES OR POST ON THE INTERNET. IVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH RACIST SHIT POST ON THE INTERNET IN MY LIFE, SINCE OBAMA GOT ELECETED.

Now I don't always support democrats, or the way they try to go about helping the poor. BUT I SURE AS FUCK SUPPORT WHAT THEY TRY TO DO, RATHER THEN REPUBLICANS WHO HAVE PROVEN ELECTION AFTER ELECTION THAT THEY ARE WILLING TO SELL THIS COUNTRY OUT TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER, AND IF THEIR SOMETHING (usually a resource) IN ANOTHER COUNTRY THEY WANT??? SCREW HOW MANY PEOPLE THEY HAVE TO KILL FOR IT, THEY WILL GET IT.

I DON'T GIVE 2 SHITS HOW STUPID DEMOCRATS MAY BE SOMETIMES, I WILL NEVER EVER VOTE FOR A REPUBLICAN SIMPLY BECAUSE THEIR MORAL VALUES ARE LOWER THEN THE SHIT THAT COMES OUT MY DOG'S ASS.

And even as dumb as democrats can be, man, I have to tell you Republicans, must have a collective IQ of about 5.

#16     Feb 20, 2009
  7. You could just as easily be talking about the Taliban, which is ironic since a Republican recently talked about employing their strategy:

...Pete Sessions, chairman of the Republican congressional committee, explained that the Republican strategy was going to be modelled on jihadist insurgency. “I’m not joking,” he added. “Insurgency we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/andrew_sullivan/article5733405.ece

#17     Feb 20, 2009
  8. Think of it like this:

Republicans are inwardly racist, meaning that they would prefer to be around their own "kind" and are initially disinclined to trust anyone who does not on the surface appear to be one of their "kind." If they had their way, everyone in America would be a white Christian...but they have accepted the fact that is not going to happen, and of course they do need people at the bottom of the big old republican pyramid scheme. As long as these people can be controlled, it really doesn't matter as they are nothing but food for the top end of the food chain.

That is not to say that they are so purely racist that they would not spend time with others that are not their "kind" if those others try to serve the same master.

Kind of like having to spend time with in laws...related by law, not by birth, it is an obligation of the nature of the immediate family having relationships outside of the family.

Think of the Godfather, when Don Corleone would not allow his new son in law Carlo to be part of the "family" business.

These outsiders are still relatives, as long as the marriage contract is held true, but the relationship is conditional and situational.

If the hard core white republicans had their way, everyone would be white, dress like them, talk like them, etc.

They are inwardly inclined strongly to uniformity, not diversity.

However, they will overlook the outward diversity they cannot change (like skin color or ethnicity) as long as the one who is of a different color or ethnicity dresses and acts according to the "rules" of conformity.

They are accepted on that level, but not accepted on the deeper family levels, because the others are never truly on the inner circle with the true republican master.

Satan doesn't care what color of skin someone is or what their ethnicity is, Satan is after a person's soul...but deep down the republican hard core are not interested in someone's soul, they are interested only in what a person can do to promote them, their family, and their agenda.

If a convert loses their soul while serving the republican master, do they actually care?

Not as long as the end justified the means they don't...

#18     Feb 20, 2009
  9. it could be, that you're both fucking retards

#19     Feb 20, 2009
  10. One aspect of the fundamentalist is a shared belief that the ends justify the means...the ability to rationalize any actions is key in these groups, as the followers will have to violate their own thinking to serve the leader's agenda, and this is only done through the ability to rationalize against one's own innate sense of fair play and humanity.

#20     Feb 20, 2009