POLL: If you had to guess, what % of hardcore Republicans do you think are bigots?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Feb 20, 2009.

If you had to guess, what % of hardcore Republicans do you think are bigots?

1. Less than 25%

25 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. 25% to 50%

8 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. 51% to 75%

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. More than 75%

20 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. Vote.

2. They same percentage as hardcore democrats; much lower than 25%.

3. I only know one hardcore Republican - my Dad - and he doesn't have a racist or homophobic bone in his body. I won't make a broad generalization about a group that I don't belong to - that's the type of activity (and ignorance) that's central to racism and bigotry in the first place.

4. You're quite right. Broad generalizations are the province of hardcore Republicans. I should know my place. :p

P.S. Regarding your dad, you will note that this poll does not suggest or imply that all hardcore Republicans are bigots. If you feel that you are not capable of rendering an opinion based on years of observation, then I urge you not to participate in this poll.

5. Thanks for offering me to not participate in the poll after I already said I won't.
    Broad generalizations are the provinve of both extremes rightist and leftists (like you it sounds). That's why I am thankful I am in the center because I get the clearer picture and am not influenced by pure disdain for the opposite party. I am neutral enough to observe Bush for what he was - a bad president and worse communicator and Obama for what he was - a mediocre candidate for whom my expectations are low. But he still got my vote because I thought the country needed to go in a different direction (not confident that that direction will be any better but time will tell). I assume that you're not a big fan of Obama as well?

6. Give it a rest, overboy. The poll does not only have >50% and higher. There is also <25%. Less than 25% includes zero, if you are so inclined. I certainly have my opinions, but it would appear that some of your own may be lurking in the background and clouding your interpretation.

7. you're a pin head, and what you're doing here is called 'McCarthyism'

8. Relax bud, I wasn't even busting your rocks. Have a drink tonight would ya... And you clearly missed the whole point of my post. By your saying "There is also <25%." etc. you make it sound like I am here trying to prove that only a small portion of Republicans are racist. My point is that I have no idea so I'm not going to stoop to making generalizations. I don't care whether your post said Republicans, Democrats, Blacks, Jews, Elderly, or WASPs so my opinions aren't clouding anything.

9. Troubled by the spotlight?

10. Most hard core republicans are 100% bigoted.

But their bigotry is not based on simple ignorance like those who were raised to hate people based on skin color, ethnicity, gender, etc.

No, the type of bigotry that is in the heart, mind and gut of the hard core republican is much more insidious.

I tell you the truth, if Obama had decided to become a republican and embrace the values of the hard core republicans, than he could easily have risen fast and high in the republican party.

Richard Steele is blacker in color than Obama. Colin Powell, Condi Rice, J.C. Watts, etc.

Why was the skin color of these hard core republicans overlooked?

(Colin Powell was actually never a hard core republican, but Bush and Cheney used him---knowing he was a true solider above everything else---and that he would allow himself to violate his own ideals to follow the chain of command).

A real racist would never accept a black man to be in a position of power, never.

For the hard core republicans, you have to look to their essential nature and belief system, find out what is the dominate desire, what is their core value.

Who does a hard core republican hate more? Who would they like to destroy?

A black man who is a Christian and hard working, or a white communist?

An Arab who worships Mohammad but plays by republican rules, or a white liberal?

No, the deepest core value of the republicans is not about race or ethnicity.

It is more than anything about the culture of the hard core republican, the deeply held belief system they all share and embrace, and swear allegiance to above all else.

If you pledge your allegiance to their flag, if you worship their corporate capitalistic philosophy and defend that to the death, they really don't care if you are black, brown, red, jew, Muslim, or atheist.

Their bottom line is quite clear, and it really is not about color of the skin or where you were born or anything else.

The ideology of the hard core republicans is their religion, what they go to war for, their God, their sense of country beyond anything on the surface.

Everything has to serve that ideology, and any deviation from that dogmatic ideology requires censure.

There is no real tolerance of diversity from that ideology, it is fundamentalism pure and simple based on their core values.

I would say that racism is not nearly as deep in the true ideology of hard core conservatives as some people think. Not to say that many hard core republicans aren't inclined to bigotry and racism, but they are willing to overlook race or ethnicity if they truly are convinced that a person will benefit them and their agenda.

Look to the true agenda of the hard core republican, look to their true values...and for a laugh, simply because so many of the hard core republicans are INOCs, compare those true values and true agendas to the teachings of Jesus Christ and his Sermon on the Mount.

#10     Feb 20, 2009