POLL: If you could dine with One Futures Guru...

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by rcanfiel, Oct 18, 2007.

If you could dine with One Futures Guru, Who Would It Be?

1. Larry Williams

9 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. Jesse Livermore

26 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. W. D. Gann

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Ken Roberts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Vic Sperandeo (Trader Vic)

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Richard Dennis

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Jim Rogers

9 vote(s)
    7.2%
  8. Linda Bradford Rashcke

18 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Martin Zwieg

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. Paul Tudor Jones

46 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. I would never consider cyclical trading as related to a holy grail. John Ehlers and "MESA" are supposed to be the king of cyclicals. However, his new website eminiz.com, did nothing but hemorrhage money for many months. And now it looks like he turned off the performance page...

#41     Oct 21, 2007
  2. I was never convinced by well-meaning gurues, who come onto a forum to enlighten us. They just seem to mostly be mini Jack Hersheys. They speak volumes, and help you build a Rube Goldberg machine. If you don't know what that is, then look:

[​IMG]

#42     Oct 21, 2007
  3. Yet somehow people besides yourself, not only understand, but profit handsomely from the information shared. Maligning those who have freely shared their information with others while providing little substance of your own says much more about your own character (or lack there of).

The very fact so many have 'figured' out that which you find confusing says all that needs saying.

- Spydertrader

#43     Oct 21, 2007
  4. Actually, I didn't even challenge Anekdoten about his $79k performance. I was just curious about how many trades he undertook and of approximately what size, since on page 465 of his thread he included an annotated chart for that day's trading (October 17, 2007). I didn't think I was being unduly intrusive in the circumstances.

#44     Oct 21, 2007
  5. Me, too. Although I'd insist that Anna not bring marketsurfer.

#45     Oct 21, 2007
  6. You think LBR is one of the world's top 5 traders?

#46     Oct 21, 2007
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Kurt Sakaeda

World Cup Championship of Futures Trading®
    Top Overall Performance - All Divisions

2004: Kurt Sakaeda 929%

2000: Kurt Sakaeda 595%

This year he is a bit behind, up only 136%, but hey, more than 2 months left...

#47     Oct 21, 2007
  8. Your consistent support of Hersheyism does not make you the best carrier of this message.

#48     Oct 21, 2007
  9. bgp

bgp

myself .

bgp

#49     Oct 21, 2007
  10. Truth exists irrespective of the carrier, and based on your failure to comprehend that which others use to earn a living, I'd say I hit the mark.

- Spydertrader

#50     Oct 21, 2007