POLL: If you could dine with One Futures Guru...

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by rcanfiel, Oct 18, 2007.

If you could dine with One Futures Guru, Who Would It Be?

1. Larry Williams

9 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. Jesse Livermore

26 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. W. D. Gann

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Ken Roberts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Vic Sperandeo (Trader Vic)

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Richard Dennis

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Jim Rogers

9 vote(s)
    7.2%
  8. Linda Bradford Rashcke

18 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Martin Zwieg

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. Paul Tudor Jones

46 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i had dinner with stan finney and he took a piece of paper that i had with me and he drew out the very holy grail of trading i kid you not. i have the original paper now after 15 years.

i am going to frame it and hang it on my wall with the other million dollar art work that i have. since it was responsible after all, for me being able to acquire it all in the first place.

mb

#31     Oct 20, 2007
  2. Who is stan finney?

#32     Oct 20, 2007
  3. Anekdoten..... For sure !!

I remember talking with Alex at Puretick in the Spring. And he noted that Anek was among the Top 5 Traders in the World. Right up there with Linda Raschke !! No joke.

Damn I miss AHG Thread :(

#33     Oct 20, 2007
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

exactly the point..

#34     Oct 20, 2007
  5. Dennis Gartman

#35     Oct 21, 2007
  6. Waiting with baited breath on what the Holy Grail is...

#36     Oct 21, 2007
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

maybe one day i will auction off a copy of it on ebay... but it wouldn't be much value without the verbal part which wasn't written down.

the oddball system is the results of at least one portion of the holy grail which is finding cyclical market action which can be exploited.

mb

i also wanted to say that of all these guru's mention in this poll - Paul Tudor Jones and Martin Zwieg if asked would tell you that they wished they could be like Stan Finney. maybe the others would too but some of those guru's are nothing more than flim flammers.

#37     Oct 21, 2007
  8. Funny how he had his thread closed when challenged whether
    his 79K day was real or not. Speaks volumes if you ask me.

#38     Oct 21, 2007
  9. congoboy

congoboy

nobody want to dine with congoboy? I pretty famous in kinshasa. i have most experience trading cow shit, dogs, goats, straw, etc.

one day i held half of kinshasa's cow shit and held till prices were very high. i sold then and made lot of money. i celebrate by goat fucking that day. nobody want to dine me in my palace? there will be plenty of goats for me to share with you. lot of fun. come to congoboy palace.

#39     Oct 21, 2007

10. thanks!

surf:D

#40     Oct 21, 2007