POLL: How often have you missed trades because you were reading, or posting on, ET?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Thunderdog, Oct 21, 2006.

How often have you missed trades because you were reading, or posting on, ET?

1. Often

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Occasionally

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Seldom

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Never

24 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. How often have you missed trades because you were reading, or posting on, ET?

2. i think not once. rarely read this site durin' rth.

3. All the time. But are we not men?

If you can concentrate on the market 80-85% of the time between 10:00 and 15:30...
    With 99% concentration for open 9:30 to 10:00... and close 15:30 to 16:00...
    And keep that up day in/day out for 253 trading days/year...
    Then you are very disciplined.

Out of 200+ post by me...
    You won't find a single one during first and last 30 minutes of NYSE trading.

4. BCE

BCE

Happens almost daily. I do my trades fully focused then the market gets dull in the middle or end of the day. I come here to post and while I"m gone a great setup presents itself. I see that it presented itself after the fact and wonder what I was doing here. :) But it's cool. Something to do to kill the boredom of a slow market like the one in the afternoon yesterday which was much, much more tedious than the often mentioned watching paint dry.

5. BCE

BCE

Usually the only time I'm here at the open is if I'm having data feed problems, to check and see if others are having simiilar probs like the IB data feed issues about a week ago.

6. Oh come on. Fess up ET junkies. You cant possibly expect anyone to believe that trading is more important to you than exposing to world the incredible mass of knowledge about anything and everything that resides in that oversized brain.

7. BCE

BCE

Good point.

[​IMG]

8. LT701

LT701

A: 'We are DEVO!'

ok, let's go

9. lol ive missed 1 and that was very stupid of me cause im a position trader :(. lol was posting during the open of the aussie market and the market opening one point below my entry and i only realised after it had gone past it by 10pts.

SO ET has caused me 10PTS of slippage. Only 250.00 ill call it my yearly membership fee :p