Poll: Hershey vs. Covel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by baro-san, Nov 3, 2011.

Whose posts on trading do you follow more?

1. Hershey

40 vote(s)
    67.8%
  2. Covel

19 vote(s)
    32.2%
  1. I voted Hershey because he taught me that scheduling is event based NOT time based and that most here don't even know what that means.

#21     Nov 3, 2011
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

au contraire, Jack thinks highly of ETers he assumes that people will see clearly what he sees if he takes time to point out 'the pattern' to them. Then they can all move from beginner to expert level in no time (thru doing drills and logs of course).

#22     Nov 3, 2011
  3. jsp326

jsp326

No, never spent a minute looking at his methods. I've seen similar arcane stuff in the past, though. I know plenty of people who have been suckered into spending inordinate amounts of time and money trying to figure out such methods. I hate to see anyone go down this path when the mentor himself has zero evidence of profitability.

Why so defensive, BTW. You one of the basket case followers or something? :D

#23     Nov 3, 2011
  4. Defensive?

No, I'm one of those that are smart enough to check it out, understand it and then decided based on its merits that what I was already doing was making me happy and profitable.

I'm not ignorant enough to assume something is or isn't valid without checking it out first.

To say you have seen similar stuff is so far from reality its silly. To call it arcane is ridiculous. To say he isn't profitable out of one side of your mouth and then say you have never checked it out, out of the other, is typical internet trash talk.

I personally know a few traders that use his stuff and are profitable. I know one trader that uses his stuff and is extremely profitable. I can only guess that if he can instruct a few diligent individuals to be profitable he should currently be able to follow his own rules to make himself some money with it.

If you chose not to learn or understand what he does . . . great. That is your perogitive. Hopefully you are a successful trader on your own. But coming into an open forum stating you think what he does is crap with no personal evidence to back it up is hypocritical.

He doesn't have to prove anything, you have to prove to yourself it doesn't work. I proved it to myself that it worked but I didn't like it so I don't trade it. PERIOD! How I trade is completely different from his method and I persoanlly think it is easier but I don't trash his way just because its different.

#24     Nov 3, 2011
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

Jack is brilliant.

It matters not whether he trades, wins, loses, owes taxes, or lives with his girlfriend.

He's brilliant.

#25     Nov 3, 2011
  6. Agreed!

Well stated Ms. Doji!

#26     Nov 3, 2011
  7. I've learned quite a lot from Covel, and Tharp. Hershey has a concept that is quite interesting, however. I haven't figured out how to code it.

#27     Nov 3, 2011
  8. Rol

Rol

I thought it would imply that what goes up, must come down.

#28     Nov 3, 2011
  9. That's a Broke Back" cowboy?:eek: :D

#29     Nov 3, 2011
  10. KBaines

KBaines

Have either of these guys ever proven they have been successful with real money and for a period of more than just a few months? Hershey tipped his hand, at least to me, long ago he doesn't trade real money. Back in the days he made his first appearance on the old usenet boards, misc.futures I believe it was. Anyway, one day there he got real confused because the volume dried up on a Thursday on what he thought was the front month S&P contract. The guy had not a clue that it was the quarterly rollover Thursday.

#30     Nov 3, 2011