Poll - have Obama-Geithner caused the next major decline?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Cdntrader, Feb 11, 2009.

Have Obama-Geithner triggered a crisis in confidence downside move?

1. No Clue

22 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. No

52 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Yes

134 vote(s)
    64.4%
  1. gnome

gnome

You're so full of it TDog. You can't recognize bias from a legitimate question.

#51     Feb 11, 2009
  2. gnome

gnome

You're so full of it TDog. You can't recognize bias from a legitimate question. Hell, you're as blind as any who WILL NOT SEE.

How did you get so myopic? Hatred of Bush? Is that all it took?

#52     Feb 11, 2009
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I use you as my role model asshole.

Still wanna play?

#53     Feb 11, 2009
  4. Mvic

Mvic

Part of the strategy will likely include making sure that the GOP can be blamed for not giving Obama free reign and allowing the crisis to deepen, allowing the Dems to pick up the extra votes in the senate needed for the big changes they want to make in the second half of Obama's 1st term. If I am right these guys are playing a very dangerous high stakes game. Obama is no fool, hopefully he will not let himself get played by the powerful interests pulling the congressional strings. Hopefully he will not play the go along to get along game that he has played all his life. He is the man now, this is his time. Can he seize and keep a firm grasp on the reins? He apppears to be be trying but he is swimming with some big sharks in their home waters.

#54     Feb 11, 2009
  5. I hate to sound simplistic, or conspiratorial, but let us all recognize the simple truth that follows:

The Republicans and Democrats differ only on a few social matters, due to the religious composition of the country (be region).

As to economics, the U.S. has been forced into the Rockerfellian quest for one globe united, and there is no difference between the two major parties in the U.S., in reality, as they are owned by and rely upon the same masters to keep their jobs.

#55     Feb 12, 2009
  6. I thought reckless lenders and bankers caused this "deep recession" ? :confused:

#56     Feb 12, 2009
  7. hmm these polls are usually contra indicators. Interesting.

#57     Feb 12, 2009
  8. gnome

gnome

NOW you're talking some sense. I'm rich, accomplished in the markets, and smart. Who could better serve as a model to you?

First lesson... "Think with your head rather than simply emote like most folks."

#58     Feb 12, 2009
  9. Tide31

Tide31

I for one think its too early to judge Geithner, going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He can't be that bad of a guy, he's from Brooklyn! The commentator on Fox this morning said something funny though. Reflecting on TG's first speech and the markets reaction he said, "I don't think anyone takes Geithner seriously, probably because he looks like an assistant JV basketball coach!"

[​IMG]

#59     Feb 12, 2009
  10. No, no.

You're looking at Mr. Sentiment, but wait until he meets up with Mr. Capitulation on the corner of Vomit and Diarrhea.

It's still a little while off.

#60     Feb 12, 2009