Poll - have Obama-Geithner caused the next major decline?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Cdntrader, Feb 11, 2009.

Have Obama-Geithner triggered a crisis in confidence downside move?

1. No Clue

22 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. No

52 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Yes

134 vote(s)
    64.4%
  1. I'm not making up anything.

That's the sentiment YOU have, but you are damn naive if you think the average american has such a rational expectation.

#11     Feb 11, 2009
  2. Actually, I don't think he earned it. I think you gave it freely and willingly. Sorry, gnome, just calling it as I see it.

#12     Feb 11, 2009
  3. My sentiment is based on nothing more than what he has repeatedly said over time. Whether it plays out as he intends remains to be seen, but that is a separate matter. The matter at hand is not putting words into his mouth. That would be the intellectual honesty you referred to earlier in this thread.

#13     Feb 11, 2009
  4. Cesko

Cesko

Reading your posts is really painful.

#14     Feb 11, 2009
  5. Like turning the lights on in the dark?

#15     Feb 11, 2009
  6. gnome

gnome

He has apparently defrauded the US Constitution and every American. How much respect is that worth?

Since he as taken office, I've read that at least Texas and Florida have said they may not put his name on the ballot for the 2012 presidential election unless he complies with birth certificate eligibility rquirements. (Wonder why they didn't say that for 2008?) Apparently this issue is NOT resolved in more minds than just mine.

#16     Feb 11, 2009
  7. oh, blah blah blah.

Bush talked about the challenges ahead that would take time to resolve, etc. So what?

And he did promise a rose garden. He promised to get America "on the right path" and to "change the failed policies of the previous administration" and a million other similar idiotic soundbites.

So far, he's Bush squared. We're going down the same road to Banana Republicville - only faster. So, by "change", he clearly meant "increase the speed of the decline to third world economy".

#17     Feb 11, 2009
  8. Interference can make things a lot worse, but it will never make things better.

And I don't agree with you about the credit expansion. Business makes mistakes all the time. The massive credit expansion over the last decade has a lot more to do with government subsidizing uncreditworthy borrowers at the expense of the taxpayer and stomping on interest rates to loosen the money supply and effect a fake recovery from a needed recession to win the next election.

#18     Feb 11, 2009
  9. With due respect, gnome, I think he knows more about the Constitution than you do. Further, he has enough Right Wing adversaries such that if there were any legitimacy to the claims against him, they would have preventged him from taking office. Please give it a rest, gnome. You're going radically fringe on me and you're a lot better than that. Really. Just look at the bona fide morons spouting that argument just here at ET. Surely that should give you some pause...

#19     Feb 11, 2009
  10. gnome

gnome

Make your pitch to the Texas and Florida Election Commissions.. see what they say.

#20     Feb 11, 2009