POLL: Has the ET neighborhood gone to hell?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thunderdog, Jun 12, 2009.

Has the ET neighborhood gone to hell?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro

nitro

:D

#11     Jun 12, 2009
  2. ET is like the stock market... there are always gems to be found. You just need to look hard and get a little lucky.

#12     Jun 12, 2009
  3. Yes. But there are probably worse places to be (in particular I am thinking of the unutterable dullness of purgatory). Hell is quite warm too.

#13     Jun 12, 2009
  4. I believe the state of ET reflects the state of the Market. Jaded Traders everywhere realizing that the Markets are based on bullshit. ETers en masse have gotten screwed using conventional wisdom to try and play the Market. If it is in a book, it is worthless. Markets cannot work if everyone is using the same tools, reading the same indicators, and reacting to the same price points. It was great when only 90% were getting blown out, now it is near 99.5%.

.5% Rennick out:cool:

#14     Jun 12, 2009
  5. mxjones

mxjones

The problem is you get a large group of people in one place who don't take personal responsibility for anything and hope to get rich by doing as little work as possible. They find out that isn't the case, and their already negative, lazy, and hateful mindset gets worse by the day. So these people do nothing but attack others, openly try to stir up conflict and controversy, and eventually drive away the respectful, serious contributors. So guess what is left?

While the moderation of ET lacks something to be desired, I don't think that even if it was perfect it could do anything but slow the progression.

Just like Arnold said in "Terminator 2":

"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves."

#15     Jun 13, 2009
  6. I think that's a fairly astute assessment.

#16     Jun 13, 2009
  7. drcha

drcha

If we are destroying ourselves, it's our own fault. I refer to the rude, sophomoric and sometimes venomous posts that can hijack an otherwise great thread. People who write these need attention. I wish everyone would just ignore them, ignore them, ignore them! Instead they respond, sometimes in kind. Sometimes I want to tell people to ignore them, but even doing that provides attention for them, so I don't. Isn't that a vicious cycle (OMG, we're back to the appliances).

#17     Jun 13, 2009
  8. Actually, I think it's a little better.

I see that people don't want to bother threads and send me PMs or E-mails if they know it. Sometime a chat conversation. I think the Poster x Troll rate has decreased compared to 2-3 years ago.

Only crew of people left that's annoying would be jack hershey and his followers vs. the anti-hershey.

#18     Jun 15, 2009
  9. bighog

bighog Guest

TSGannGalt

06-15-09 12:14 AM

Actually, I think it's a little better.

I see that people don't want to bother threads and send me PMs or E-mails if they know it. Sometime a chat conversation. I think the Poster x Troll rate has decreased compared to 2-3 years ago.

Only crew of people left that's annoying would be jack hershey and his followers vs. the anti-hershey.

......................................END..................................................

Agree about the Jack Hershey flock finally dropping away like flies. Spydertrader was the lead bs'er and it looks like he even threw in the towel of being the cabana boy.

Even turds that float to the top sink after awhile after stinking up the joint. Myself i find it refreshing not responding to the flocks ramblings any longer. Better things in life to do, especially like getting closer to wind down trading and getting out more to different places and smelling the roses more. Maybe 1 more year as a full time daytrader day in day out. Somewhere by the ocean, cocktail in hand watching the young hardbodies and thinking how lucky they would have been to know me in my prime. :) Jk , ha

#19     Jun 16, 2009
  10. Wow.

I'm glad someone else gets it.

These markets are more rigged than a tranny hooker in Dade County.

#20     Jun 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.