POLL for traders who trade the Jack Hershey method(s) in real time with real money

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Thunderdog, Mar 12, 2007.

If you actually trade with real money using Jack's method in real time, please vote:

1. I have traded Jack's method(s) for over 6 months with real money in real time, and I [b]made[/b] mon

64 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. I have traded Jack's method(s) for over 6 months with real money in real time, and I [b]lost[/b] mon

136 vote(s)
    68.0%
  1. Would you be happier as a moderator?

#341     Mar 29, 2007
  2. I was asked a few times in the past by other moderators that are friends.

My answer is simple...NO because of a conflict of interest.

However, I would probably get fired because I would go on a BANNING spree along with earning the title of the most hated moderator in ET history due to all the BANS.

All I need is a few weeks to clean up the place.

:cool:

Mark

#342     Mar 29, 2007
  3. Joab

Joab

shhhhhhhhhhhh

Do you here those footsteps in the hallway? :eek:

Music plays: theme song to jaws

#343     Mar 29, 2007
  4. Not possible unless there was some way to stop the multiple aliases and that is not going to happen.

#344     Mar 30, 2007
  5. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Can someone explain jack's method in like 3 sentences? I could never understand a single word he says. This would be greatly appreciated.

#345     Mar 30, 2007
  6. I will try. For futures it is monitoring a 5 minute ES chart bar by bar using volume as a leading indicator of price and channels as a leading indicator of direction. This is, of course, a simplified version and just my personal take on it.

#346     Mar 30, 2007
  7. Sure, happy to help:

For any market, on any time frame, price Continues to progress, up and down, within a sloped channel until market sentiment Changes and price begins to follow a new channel of opposite slope. When the SCT trader sees signs of Change on the time-frame he is monitoring he reverses, otherwise he holds (having decided to enter in the first place on seeing Change). The rate of change of volume helps the trader differentiate between Continuation and Change, provided sufficient liquidity exists.

#347     Mar 30, 2007
  8. Actually in most cases it is quite possible. On most boards the moderators get to see the ip address. Back in the old dial up days these addresses were pretty random especially if you had a service like AOL. Now, with dsl and cable, the ip addresses are more consistent. Banning a range of ips would certainly keep most of the fools off the board along with their aliases.

#348     Mar 30, 2007
  9. If you were banned and got back on that easily then I would say the moderators didn't want to go through the trouble. Believe me, I could ban you so the only way you could get on the board were to dial up a long distance number. And yes, I know about proxy servers, but you can ban them as well. I used to have a board for 10 years and you can certainly make it difficult for trouble makers to get on the board. No system is perfect, and you can get around any system, but you can also make it so it becomes so much trouble for someone that its no longer worth the effort.

#349     Mar 30, 2007
  10. I can't believe it. The thread regarding authentic objections to the SCT method are discussed is closed and censured.

But this one remains open and in front page.

What an insult to human intelligence. :p

#350     Mar 30, 2007