POLL for traders who trade the Jack Hershey method(s) in real time with real money

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Thunderdog, Mar 12, 2007.

If you actually trade with real money using Jack's method in real time, please vote:

1. I have traded Jack's method(s) for over 6 months with real money in real time, and I [b]made[/b] mon

64 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. I have traded Jack's method(s) for over 6 months with real money in real time, and I [b]lost[/b] mon

136 vote(s)
    68.0%
  1. All the voting results aside, and we both know that we can't place too much stock in those numbers, I am curious about the scientology connection or parallel. Look at that hyperlink. It associates the BE DO HAVE thing to scientology. Has Jack ever espoused this BE DO HAVE stuff? I was under the impression that he did, based on a prior thread with that name in its title. However, I have not seem the direct connection. Please advise.

#331     Mar 21, 2007
  2. So have the moderators pull down the list of participants who voted and post them... The poll sorts out whether you have voted or not and which way you voted... I'm sure no one on the made money side would object...

As for BE, DO, HAVE, it is a concept that can be related to many endeavors. You see things how you want to see them. Trading is a business for some... If you treat it as such, you can apply business principles... You punched in a few words and got a link. I got the following link on how BEing, DOing, results in HAVing... In trading, HAVing is very clear. You are either HAVING success as a trader, or you are not. So initially, you BEcome a successful trader. As a succesful trade, you have to DO what successful traders do. As a consequence of doing, you wind up HAVING as opposed to not having. Olympic athletes spend their entire olympic career in this modus. First they BEcome olympic athletes. Then they DO as olympic athletes do (ie. relentless training, conditioning, practicing). Then they HAVE the opportunity to compete on the olympic stage.

#332     Mar 21, 2007
  3. Most boards do not have any mechanism to pull out who voted in a poll.

#333     Mar 22, 2007
  4. maxpi

maxpi

James Bray is a motivational speaker/teacher. He suggests writing your goals as if they were happening, as in "I am enjoying the wealth I make trading". That fits in with the Be-Do-Have ideas well and it fits in with the idea that your subconscious mind has to be spoken to as if everything were in the present.

#334     Mar 23, 2007
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

no, this thread in still in TA forum as of right now.

#335     Mar 29, 2007
  6. This should answer your question...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90651&perpage=1&pagenumber=14

Summary, once the mudslinging occurs between members besides at Jack or Puretick...

The thread starts to send smoke out the window...

Smoke attracts the fire department.

Next, as soon as several members use the complain button (its like yelling there's someone in the burning house)...

The fire department takes action and waters down the place.

Simply, if its too much of an effort to edit out the personal attacks, profanity, off topic arguing...

The thread either gets closed or moved to chit chat.

Thus, the moderators are responding to complaints by members like you and I.

Mark

#336     Mar 29, 2007
  7. Ridiculing and parodying someone who makes grandiose claims is not mudslinging.

Can you be more specific about what you objected to?

#337     Mar 29, 2007
  8. Maybe not but doing it over and over again and just repeating the same stale stuff gets old.

#338     Mar 29, 2007
  9. I was not referring to such and I specifically stated...

Personal attacks, profanity and off topic arguing.

I'll let you re-read the thread to find the commentary(s) if they have not already been edited (deleted).

The fact that the thread is still here (not in chit chat) implies that it has been cleaned up a little or that there has not been enough complaints.

Regardless, if the personal attacks, profanity or off topic arguing among members (I'm not talking about stuff aimed at Jack H or Puretick)...

I'm sure the fire department will return.

:D

By the way, I'm still waiting for proof by someone that saids they used the method and made money or used the method and didn't make money.

P/L statement would be nice.

At the time of my post...

89 traders used the method and lost money = 0 statements to prove such

45 traders used the method and made money = 0 statements to prove such

If I'm wrong about any of the above statistics...who posted proof from either side of the camp???

Besides, there must be someone around here that still has access to their broker simulator to trade the method and post their results (good or bad).

Even better, real money trading results.

Mark

#339     Mar 29, 2007
  10. Which is why you are afforded the luxury of ignoring it. How many threads here do you think are of original content about matters that have not already been addressed? And yet, they do not necessarily find their way to Chit Chat or get closed down. If there are offenders, then there is no need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

#340     Mar 29, 2007