POLL for traders who trade the Jack Hershey method(s) in real time with real money

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Thunderdog, Mar 12, 2007.

If you actually trade with real money using Jack's method in real time, please vote:

1. I have traded Jack's method(s) for over 6 months with real money in real time, and I [b]made[/b] mon

64 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. I have traded Jack's method(s) for over 6 months with real money in real time, and I [b]lost[/b] mon

136 vote(s)
    68.0%
  1. nkhoi

nkhoi

I am not eligible to vote. :D

#21     Mar 12, 2007
  2. It kinda makes you think what a real poll would look like.

The traders voting who use better systems than PVT and/or SCT would be nice to hear from.

Why not getting a reading from people who are either profitable or not (this could be differentiated) who did not consider PVT and/or SCT.

Any particular method has few practitioners.

Almost all methods have been passed over by the public.

Others have polled in various places types of Q's that get the sentiment of the public on this paradigm. 4 out of 5 do not consider it worthwhile for an assortment of reasons.

By leaving most people out, what is gained?

It is said 1 out of 10 make money trading when trader lifetimes are considered.

I expect that things will be measurable, from a formal learning point of view by December when 2007 ends and things have been completed. By then we will have gotten intermediate and expert trading on the table for SCT and expert on the table or PVT.

It will be interesting to see as time passes how the failure rate (for 6 months) proceeds after this initial baseline is set. The same will be true for the success initial baseline and the subsequent proceedings.

#22     Mar 12, 2007
  3. <i>"SCT will be dead in a few months, Trader666, Trader28 and the rest and their goons will be victorious"</i>

In the essence of total fairness, where is a similar poll for SPM? Are you forgetting one side of the equation here?

#23     Mar 12, 2007
  4. <i>"Austin, have you ever traded a system or know of a system that returns 2 1/2% A DAY and can turn $10,000 to $15M in a year while being always in the market as promised by Hershey?"</i>

No.

That said, I presumed this thread was predicated on the recent back & forth vitriol which has putrified half the active threads in this forum.

Bad enough the market made two tradable wiggles all day (three if you count the globex session), worse was tapping into any thread and seeing the usual Jack-attack drivel. Same exact crap, time after time after time. That gets kinda old, to say the least.

I'm on record long before saying that type of profit projection is impossible to be sustained in real-time with real money by real traders. However, maybe a fraction of it is possible. I don't know.

What I do know is, most people really don't care. Those who wish to roll like that are welcome to venture down the bunny trails. For gosh sakes, spare the vast majority a never-ending saga between Jack's vocal detractors and supporters.

Enough already. PLEASE!!!

#24     Mar 12, 2007
  5. Never has so much been writtten about so little.

#25     Mar 12, 2007
  6. harmless

harmless

poll has spoken clearly !!!!!

#26     Mar 12, 2007
  7. Agreed, SCT doesnt work. Everyone back to their corners :)

#27     Mar 12, 2007
  8. would not random entries/ or any method have the similar poll results?

who is this jack hershey character? some sort of mad financial scientist?

is he an heir to the hershey fortune?

:D

#28     Mar 12, 2007
  9. In all fairness you can teach a profitable system to 100 people and probably 75% of them or more will still fail. That being said, if the system is quantifiable enough to make it a black box type system you can at least take the human effect out of the results, and truly determine its value.

From what I have read from the journals there are no clearly defined parameters for an FTT yet some say they have quanitified it. I'd like to know how they did that since no one seems to be able to define it so it is clearly recognizable AS IT HAPPENS.

In any event, I'm sure there are people who will be successful trading the method, and others that will fail miserably. If you are not a successful trader then experimenting with it will probably help you in some way or another. I don't use it, but I am happy Jack and spyder are willing to share it. It's value is in the eye of the beholder.

#29     Mar 12, 2007
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

It is anything but laughable. Did you study and practice it for a while to make such a comment? If you think even a bit, you would realize that what Spyder and Jack are teaching is to use price action combined with volume for intra day trades. They incorporate channels, I use CCI but the end result is the same, the higher probability of a trade to go into your favor.

I am waiting for you to describe what is so laughable.

#30     Mar 13, 2007