POLL for traders who trade the Jack Hershey method(s) in real time with real money

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Thunderdog, Mar 12, 2007.

If you actually trade with real money using Jack's method in real time, please vote:

1. I have traded Jack's method(s) for over 6 months with real money in real time, and I [b]made[/b] mon

64 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. I have traded Jack's method(s) for over 6 months with real money in real time, and I [b]lost[/b] mon

136 vote(s)
    68.0%
  1. I'm telling you guys, SCT doesnt work. There is nothing to channels and volume never leads price and I do not make 8 times what I used to trading this way and you guys shouldnt even try it. Its a scam. Go back to your own happy worlds where mediocrity reigns supreme :cool:

#11     Mar 12, 2007
  2. I am happy to be studying the material as Spydertrader is explaining it.

I believe either way, a lot of what Jack writes about if well founded and has already helped me greatly in what I was already doing.

The discussion of who is right or wrong imo could be based purely of those who can or are willing to think out of the box and those who only want to see backtested "proofs" of what I consider untestable material.

I must admit the premise behind SCT is very appealing to me. I doubt very much many people can get to that resolution level though. I am not sure I will be able to get there, but I know that just trying to learn the material will make me a much better trader in the long run.

Will have a complete report for you in December. :)

#12     Mar 12, 2007
  3. I believe you. You have an honest face. But let's stick to the poll, shall we?

#13     Mar 12, 2007
  4. My apologies to Thunderdog if I am ranting, please ask to have my posts removed, no offense.

007, permit me to give you some ideas to keep in the back of your head as you cruise into the inevitable endgame:

- You think it is untestable because it is largely UNQUANTIFIED. ANYTHING is testable if you have the skill to quantify and write algorithms.

- When you see it work (or not), ask yourself what ELSE was going on that was easily quantifiable: H&S, double tops, round numbers, retraces to high volume position taking, tests of yesterday's/today's HOD/LOD, volume blowouts, excessive price velocity, ad nauseam.

- Keep a one minute chart running and look at it EOD. Do you see things there you don't see in five minute?

- Have you EVER seen any method advocated that took a YEAR to explain? For example, do you think it would take you a YEAR to recognize the four avatars of the C&H formation, which is a money machine?

#14     Mar 12, 2007

5. I follow you perfectly. But we are talking about two different things.

To keep this scientific poll running smoothly, I will reply to your post in the "unavoidable" thread going on now.

#15     Mar 12, 2007
  6. Well said, I agree with you.

#16     Mar 12, 2007
  7. :)

#17     Mar 12, 2007
  8. I voted, and, I constantly lose. I tried everything but it just doesnt work. The poll will reflect this. I say lets all just go about our merry ways. SCT will be dead in a few months, Trader666, Trader28 and the rest and their goons will be victorious :p

#18     Mar 12, 2007
  9. achilles28

achilles28

One of you geniuses please tell me why Support and Resistance does not work...

Trendlines (and channels) are just Support or Resistance drawn ON AN ANGLE (WOAAAA!!!)

Theories like these are tantamount to heresy!

#19     Mar 12, 2007
  10. Brave Achilles, SCT is surely a complete scam now! :D

#20     Mar 12, 2007