POLL : Fibonacci ,Gann,Elliot Wave...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fluttrader, Feb 22, 2008.

Fibonacci, Gann, Elliot wave ,etc..

1. Fibonacci

27 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. Gann

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Elliot wave

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. other , please post in thread

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. What method you use or could have value ?

2. fibonacci is not a method but a series of tools and indicators. someone who uses them well is Joe Dinapoli, google him its pretty easy

3. Fib and EW are related kin. In the beginning of a strong uptrend wave 2 often pulls back to 38%. After making the 5th wave the market often bounces off of the 100%, 127.2%, and when real strong 161.8% price projection/ext. I use both just for overall market structure. I don't try and count subwave, etc. If you believe that markets are cyclical then EW/fib makes sense. If you are like R Canfield then don't bother. :D

P.S. some know this already, that look for a confirmed reversal before attempting use EW and define a new trend. For example, a trader vic 2b, a double bottom or top, a wyckoff spring, a key bar up, etc. Lastly you want to see a pullback on lighter volume to 38% which is going to be wave 2.

4. Are DiNapoli levels related to fibonacci ?

5. 1) Support / resistance
    2) Trend
    3) 50 & 200dma
    4)Price & volume
    5) Chart patterns

6. bathrobe

bathrobe

I voted for fibs, but am starting to use Dr. Andrews' Pitchfork which I am interested in more and more every time I apply it to a chart.

Back to fibs, does anyone use time zones, are they helpful?
    TIA :)

7. maxforce

maxforce

Pure price volume action

8. Not 1 Gann trader ..yet ..:)

9. dinapoli levels are fibonacci retracement and clusters

10. Agreed I focus on price and volume first, then EW and fib second. IMO PV move the market.

#10     Feb 23, 2008