Poll Farce: Pew Oversamples Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Aug 3, 2012.

1. You had faith Obama would be off the GA election ballot because of the birther nonsense.You had faith that fast and furious would be Obamas watergate . You had faith that The SC would overturn Obamacare etc

#11     Aug 3, 2012
  2. Funny that righties think all these reputable pollsters are corrupt or in the bag for Obama and would risk there reputations and businesses rigging polls for him

These pollsters are not in the bag for Obama,they call it how it is

[​IMG]

#12     Aug 3, 2012
  3. so i guess this is probably fake huh...

[​IMG]

#13     Aug 3, 2012
  4. yes,check out their history

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...rate-quinnipiac-surveyusa-performed-strongly/

Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate

Every election cycle has its winners and losers: not just the among the candidates, but also the pollsters.

On Tuesday, polls conducted by the firm Rasmussen Reports — which released more than 100 surveys in the final three weeks of the campaign, including some commissioned under a subsidiary on behalf of Fox News — badly missed the margin in many states, and also exhibited a considerable bias toward Republican candidates.

The 105 polls released in Senate and gubernatorial races by Rasmussen Reports and its subsidiary, Pulse Opinion Research, missed the final margin between the candidates by 5.8 points, a considerably higher figure than that achieved by most other pollsters. Some 13 of its polls missed by 10 or more points, including one in the Hawaii Senate race that missed the final margin between the candidates by 40 points, the largest error ever recorded in a general election in FiveThirtyEight’s database, which includes all polls conducted since 1998.

#14     Aug 3, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Seems like a fairly balanced approach to eliminate the outliers and then take the average..... thats why RCP is a good place to go....

I think you would have to be the most hopeless partisan in history to think that a poll with twice as many as people cominng out for the democrats was going to be an accurate representation of what is going to happen in november......

#15     Aug 3, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

We have a lot of hopeless partisans, mostly from the left, here on ET.

Or maybe I should say "many" from the left, to make bigarrow happy.

#16     Aug 3, 2012
  7. #17     Aug 3, 2012
  8. Nate silver has nothing to do with Rasmussen being the worst poll in the 2010 elections,off by a ridiculous 40 points in one poll or repeatedly having McCain in lead while 8 out of 10 other pollsters had Obama in the lead

#18     Aug 3, 2012
  9. ok, ill admit i dont even know who this guy is and am not sure if he is a genius or a wack job. I hope this doesnt hurt my credability here at ET. :eek: :D :cool:

#19     Aug 3, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Actually, you do raise a point I wanted to make earlier but forgot. The composition of the set 'Likely Voters' is not necessarily the same composition as the set 'Actual Voters'. AK47 might be able to help with the history of that variance.

#20     Aug 3, 2012