POLL: Excluding specific members from "contributing" to specific threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thunderdog, Dec 18, 2006.

Should thread starters have the option to exclude a few members from participating?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. Do you really have problems with comprehension? Have you actually read my earlier posts in this thread and taken the time to understand them? I'm sorry if that offends you, but I find it frustrating when someone responds to something I wrote without actually having taken the time to read it. You seem to be particularly good at this because you do it again and again in thread after thread. Kindly reread the second paragraph of the first post on both the first and second page of this thread. Thank you.

#21     Dec 21, 2006
  2. yep, much simpler, and i like simpler too... lets see what baron has to say... if it helps reduce the amount of flaming the mods have to deal with, its probably a good thing...

#22     Dec 21, 2006
  3. lescor

lescor

Maybe I don't get the 'chit chat culture' here on ET, as I rarely frequent that forum. It seems to me though that almost all the problems are on chit chat. But this is a trading site. Why don't all the hardcore political/religous wackos have their fun on a Yahoo board somewhere? I don't think I've ever seen this ZZZ guy post on an actual trading topic. Come to think of it, the most active posters almost never post anything outside of chit chat. I guess I'm asking "what's the fascination with ET if all you want to talk about is politics and religion?' Aren't there scores of other sites that would accomodate you better and have more like-minded nutjobs to debate?

I guess this is a pointless post as it'll probably only be read by chit-chatters. Sorry for the disruption, back to your fun...

#23     Dec 21, 2006
  4. I believe in the freedom of speech, but financial message boards should be *heavily regulated* for obvious reasons.

These financial message boards are most often abused by many individuals for a host of reasons.

The moderators shouldnt be afraid to dig right in and delete posts, shut down threads, etc. Do what they have to do to clean up dodge.

#24     Dec 21, 2006