POLL: Ever blown out your account?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rcanfiel, Feb 6, 2008.

POLL: Ever blown out your account?

1. Once

20 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Twice

21 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. Three times or more

24 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Never

12 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. Never even got close

26 vote(s)
    20.5%
  6. I have had a margin call or two...

8 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Would/Should have, but I keep a lot of excess money in my account...

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. Almost

12 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. I only keep a couple g's over the 25k PDT limit in my account. That way if I go "on tilt", I'll get locked down when I drop below 25k.

Just for the record, I've been frozen twice. :cool:

#11     Feb 6, 2008
  2. interesting results, not quite what I originally expected

#12     Feb 6, 2008
  3. 1994...trading the long bond...one day a friend I began mentoring stopped by my office to watch me trade the long bond. Remember shorting it 9 times, then all of a sudden my computer seemed to freeze. The quotes were stuck. Back then I use to receive eSignal real-time quotes via FM signal, prior to Windows. Rebooted, finally called the desk at Lind Waldock my broker. They told me the market had closed early. Well I was so caught up showing off how easy it was to make money I somehow missed the early close the day before Good Friday.

Well the jobs number was due the next day. Between 525am and 530am PST the market went straight up cleaning me out, and then on release of the number had the third biggest drop in history on the job growth. Had I held on I would have cleaned up massively.

Like Red Duke says, I was beaten like a $2 hooker.

#13     Feb 6, 2008
  4. The other two near misses were the inter meeting rate hike on January 6, 2001 when I was long and wrong, and the wanker who flew his Cessna over the White House.

#14     Feb 6, 2008