POLL: ET Over the last 6 months - better or worse?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by TGregg, Oct 21, 2003.

1. We've got Gordon Gekko running the show nowadays, what do you expect?

#11     Nov 6, 2003
  2. Absolutely unbelievable. He's turning this entire site into his own personal pissing litterbox.

#12     Nov 6, 2003
  3. ...I don't get it. I generally stick to what I think of as the "serious" forums, TA and Strategy Trading and Index Futures, and I don't see him. IMO absolutely the most trenchant questions that cut to the heart of successful trading generate the fewest numbers of posts. Contrarily, it is the least informative threads by the BS boasters that attract the most traffic.

#13     Nov 7, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Probably because so few members trade . . .

#14     Nov 7, 2003
  5. you might trade you arrogant prick but you dont trade worth sh*t! ha!

#15     Nov 8, 2003
  6. T-REX

T-REX

ET is ALL F*CKED UP!

Can't even have a decent journal around here anymore without some troll spamming you every day. it makes it hard for people to find your post because they have to wade through all the BS first to get to it!

F*CK ET!
    :mad:

#16     Nov 10, 2003
  7. Pabst

Pabst

Sadly true.

#17     Nov 11, 2003
  8. seisan

seisan

It is sad that all of us put up with these totally inconsiderate losers time after time, either by continuing to wade through their scattered-about crap, or just tuning out from fully reading threads because the crap's too deep to waste our time with, or worse, to see a decent thread thought or discussion abruptly come to an end because readers just became too turned off to post after another spate of hit-and-run trashing.

Actually, the ET parameters have already been tightened, we just don't take the time to utilize the mechanisms often enough to help rid ourselves of the lowlifes once and for all.

If that offending individual is not already on your Ignore List, then click on "Complain" at the lower right hand border of that particular post which brings up the following:

Report this Post to a Moderator
    Logged in user:
    Reason:
    (Just type a few words in the Reason box why that particular post should be deleted by the Moderator)

This is ONLY to be used to
    report spam, advertising
    messages, and problematic
    (harassment, fighting, or rude)
    posts.

(Then just click on the boxed Send Report Now!

Now, a lot of us have already been aware of the Complain function - we just need to utilize it as often as necessary, and as fast as we want to be rid of all rude behavior. The Moderators need our help to let them know as soon as a spammer or pooper hits - they can't catch all the stuff all of the time.

So let's get after it, and clean up ET once and for all. Until that's accomplished, Elite Trader can't fully be the best site YOU want it to be. :)

Spread the word!

#18     Nov 11, 2003
  9. Spanky

Spanky

It seems these 2 guys don't like GG 'cause he questions their
    sacred religion in Chat. I guess that is just too much for someone
    like "Mr. Bollinger." Look at the true motives here for apecoil etc.......

This type of folks used to set fire to guys like GG for this stuff.
    I guess the mob banning and "shutting up" is what they try to do
    nowadays.

The more sheep the better, I suppose..for the few wolves like me.:)

#19     Nov 11, 2003
  10. I don't belong to any sacred religion. I think GG could show a little more respect to others though. What's the point of him preaching atheism? It would be just as annoying if someone were to start preaching christianity or islam by starting a bunch of threads. I don't really care though, not my site to run. I just responded to the original question, "Et over the last 6 months - better or worse?"...and I stated my opinion. I didn't start a thread to bash GG.

#20     Nov 12, 2003