POLL: Does Pa(b)st Prime have his Head & Shoulders up his Bottom formation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thunderdog, Mar 13, 2009.

Does Pa(b)st Prime have his Head & Shoulders up his Bottom formation?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. the1

the1

Hmmm....now I'm wondering if Pabst didn't get Thunderdog to post this to give him the opp to pump his fund. Nice going Pabst :D

#11     Mar 13, 2009
  2. I've only accepted money for tutoring from ONE PERSON in my life. I decided not to do the fee thing because it's not where I want to go in life. Actually I was just trying to build something so a few friends could have jobs.

I want a FUND. I want to be SCHIFF. Period. If not I can just trade exclusively on my own which is WAY MORE PROFITABLE than anything you do......

#12     Mar 13, 2009
  3. You're an ass. Whatever credibility you built up hassling marketmoronsurfer, has been negated here.

I vote "no". Pabst is one of the very, very few good traders on this garbage site.

#13     Mar 13, 2009
  4. Tudor, Rich Dennis, Bruce Kovner all had several consecutive,compounded 100% years. Four in a row is 1600%.

#14     Mar 13, 2009
  5. Shouldn't you be predicting the future or something?

#15     Mar 13, 2009
  6. Rowshan has been even better than moi at predicting the future. I love the way people snipe at the few ET'ers who actually make excellent calls.

#16     Mar 13, 2009
  7. You are not a Tudor Jones, a Dennis or a Kovner. Your best days are demonstrably behind you, and you are trying to sustain yourself on fumes. What was that web site again?

#17     Mar 13, 2009
  8. Hypothetically, I have always wondered if Kurt started a company, or ran for political office - what would happen if his customers and/or potential constituents knew his views on race and ethnicity, and knew he tossed around epithets such as 'kike,' 'nigger,' 'spic,' and so forth.

Maybe his business would suffer tremendously and any hopes of ever winning a public office would be be an impossibility? I think that's probably likely on both counts.

But here's the real question: If Kurt only used these foul epithets when he believed he was anonymous, and doesn't do this publicly with his face exposed to the world, and especially in front of potential clients and/or constituents, then what does that say about his character?

Whether Kurt has talent in making the trade on a consistent basis maybe becomes a secondary issue, unless one happens to agree with his views, in which case he is even more credible.

If this thread were in the trading forum, I wouldn't bother to raise these issues (unless prompted by a contrary statement or lie by Kurt himself), but it's in chit chat and appropriate.

#18     Mar 13, 2009
  9. I know posters like Thunderdog and ZZZ, who have never traded in their lives, have no idea how hard it is to get started. There are literally thousands of snakeoil salesman out there, all promising something. Few if any deliver. There have been numerous threads over the years with newbies basically begging for mentorship. Few successful traders want to be bothered.

What would it be worth to a newbie or struggling trader to sit behind a veteran trader and watch his every move? What would such a trader charge to have someone following him? I can promise it would be a heck of a lot more than Pabst is asking. This is basically the price of one of those options seminars where they reveal the "secret" of selling covered calls or buying at discounts to stat vol. Plus, there is the very real chance to make money. What a deal. If he never makes any money, all you are out is some tuition.

#19     Mar 13, 2009
    #20     Mar 13, 2009